Complex PTSD Survivors

Health anxiety sucks

Hi all one of you know me some of you probably don't...I lost my mum to cancer 10 year ago and ever since this has happened every pain or niggle I get I automatically think I've got the big 'C' or ive got some terminal illness i know it seems stupid but it a huge deal to me...I've just found out I've got a large cyst on my ovary I've got the gyno in January I've had tests done my full blood count all is well except my white blood cells are raised my Dr has took a swab from me to send to the lab for when I go gyno they suspect I have a infection somewhere but because of this incident with the cyst my health anxiety has hit the biggest low I've ever felt im constantly shaking I constantly on the loo im so shot and wet through with sweat I keep burning up I keep googling my symptoms and all im getting is leukaemia blood cancer wby dp i do this to myself I've had this anxiety years and now sucks and I can't cope with aĺl this negativity every time I get somethingI automatically think it's terminal and I make myself so I'll

Love Nat xxx

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I have no help. But you sound like me, when I’m in that phase. I obsess over other health issues. Unsolved, mysterious and fascinating... until I lose my sh@t and freak out.

Try to stop...? Maybe? I don’t know. I feel like maybe I know it gets worse. And maybe I would have liked to have been warned. Probably doesn’t help, or I mean, it’s probably not going to make you stop. But maybe you’ll get a creepy feeling when reading this and don’t want to sound like me one day. Lol. Anyway. Man I’m losing it today. I’m sorry for what you’re going through. What you’ve gone through. What you’ve lost. I’m sorry.

Oh. Also, it does suck, so bad. I never imagined I would grow up to be a hypochondriac. I have so many disorders and medical anomalies... just an assortment of symptoms that will add up to something. One day. Maybe. My scare of today was peripheral edema. It started to come back. I think I dealt with it fast enough this time.

2 likes

Thanks for your reply it is a real pain to suffer this way and I like you would prefer a warning...I've had every illness going... in my head anyway. it's so hard to get passed every episode I have gets worse as they come and im finding it harder to beat...I never thought I'd ever be a hypochondriac either how did we get here😣

Thank you for your reply

Love Nat xxx

1 like

Any news Natzsteveo ?

1 like

Hi allisonmcdanel all my test came back normal just gotta go gyno to see what they going to do with my cyst now be glad when it's over and done and I can move on from this and start living

Thanks for asking

Love Nat xxx

1 like