This is my first post. I am a 61 year old (normally mentally positive) male and after having a colonoscopy due to having blood in my stools/stomach pains (due to blockage) I have been diagnosed with a 4cm malignant sigmoid colon cancer and am now awaiting MDT team to comment on the pet scans I have had to ascertain extent of spread. They told me they need(ed) these scans to enable them to give their options for me going forward. The waiting for the 'call' is uncontrollably mind bending as only anyone who has experienced similar can understand.
I wonder, in preparation for evaluating options when they come back to me has anyone had personal experience of themselves or someone close who has/had stage 4 colon cancer and taken the non treatment option? At my last meeting with the surgeon she kept emphasising that they would support if we chose this option.