An Overall view of CLL in the diagnosis stage,... - CLL Support

CLL Support
15,393 members24,778 posts

An Overall view of CLL in the diagnosis stage, biomarkers, testing

cllady01
cllady01Volunteer

A presentation that gives the basics overview, this site is one I have not seen before. It may have been posted at some point, but my search did not raise it.

There are several pages and you have to click at bottom orange box to proceed. I like it for its clarity, simplicity of presentation and hope it can help for those getting to know more about CLL

cllbiomarkers.com/chronic-l...

CAUTION: the SEER statistics can be misinterpreted, With today's novel treatment regimens the 5-year rate survival is outdated. Our survival rates have improved remarkably with all the newer treatments and combinations.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Thanks for sharing.

JigFettler
JigFettlerVolunteer

Hi cllady!

Excellent summary. I recommend all to see. Please can this post and link be pinned!

Jig

cllady01
cllady01Volunteer
in reply to JigFettler

It would be great with me to have it pinned. It could be categorized under diagnosis or newly diagnosed, perhaps.

JigFettler
JigFettlerVolunteer
in reply to cllady01

Do I need to report it under "other" to get it pinned? ;-)

Jig

cllady01
cllady01Volunteer
in reply to JigFettler

Jig, Neil has done the deed, I believe.

PaulaS
PaulaSVolunteer
in reply to JigFettler

I love the presentation but the survival rates seem far too specific - very off-putting...

cllady01
cllady01Volunteer
in reply to PaulaS

It is difficult to read that, but it seems to be the way the profession words it.

Here is an article that includes the reasoning for the statements of survival with the caveats that say what it doesn't mean.

medicalnewstoday.com/articl...

AussieNeil
AussieNeilAdministrator

An accompanying Guideline to this post is the iWCLL Guidelines for the diagnosis, management and treatment of CLL. See:

healthunlocked.com/cllsuppo...

Thanks ABP45UK for suggesting I pin the above referenced post, which I think complements this post, rather than adding yet another pinned post.

Neil

cllady01
cllady01Volunteer
in reply to AussieNeil

Nice, they were made for each other.

You may also like...