CLL Support Association

Am I the Only One So Happy to Say Good Bye to 2017?

Is it just me or did the world, reality, whatever seem a little broken in 2017? I am so glad to see 2017 over.

I wish all of you the best year ever for 2018.

Scott US/Maine

Yeah it is 20 degrees below zero F this new years. I checked, McMurdo in Antarctica is like 45 degrees warmer than Maine? Does that seem at all right???

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I empathise Scott, I put it down to my age and rose tinted glasses of the past. I think life is a roller coaster individually, collectively and as a whole race. There is good and bad everywhere, Main downer is the increasing value placed on what you have not what you are or do. But I too look forward to 2018. Happy New Year all my CLL playmates!

UK Sparky

12 likes

Having been evacuated during the Thomas Fire and walking out the door with just my purse, my passport and my pets, not knowing whether my home would survive, and now seeing the pictures of the homes totally lost, not of strangers on TV, but near neighbors, friends, and relatives has given me a new perspective on stuff.

6 likes

How sad and terrible for you. I hope all your loved ones are ok pfennig

UK Sparky

4 likes

Considering how devastating this fire has been in terms of loss of property, wildlife, and habitat, we are very fortunate that only two lives were lost, one a firefighter, but every life matters. It will take time for the affected communities to begin to recover, but the community spirit is amazing.

Glad re the community spirit pkenn. Hope the recovery is quick and condolences to the those affected by the loss of life

UK Marc

1 like

Hey Scott

Come down to Miami Beach

It's a balmy 68

Happy New Year to you Scott

and all here

5 likes

Yeah but in keeping with Scott's point, in 2017 Miami had Irma while the world had more than their regular share of catastrophes. And all of us living in the U.S. I feel are justified in feeling a little broken (as well as off balance and questioning reality) due the catastrophe in D.C. So I hope 2018 is better but not betting on it.

1 like

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Starjumps?

Makes me feel a total wimp getting wound up by mild UK temperatures.

Best wishes,

Ernest

3 likes

Scott - are you in Lewiston, by any chance?

C

Close enough.

You may also like...