Cabozantinib Clinical Trial

Hi,

I'm a 60 yo male with Advanced PC. Diagnosed in 2012. Underwent Proton Therapy at MD Anderson in 2013. Tested in September 2015 showed PSa rose to 38 and tests found metasteses into one lymph node in my pelvic region. Began monthly shot 240 ml of Degarelix November 2015 reducing my PSa to 0.5 in May 2016. Started a clinical trial in February of 2016 supplementing with Cabozantinib. Started at 60 mg, side effects became unbearable about 8 weeks in. reduced to 40 mg and have been able to tolerate reasonably well. Recently my PsA started to rise again, currently 2.3. Undergoing bloodwork Nov 2 to determine whether they will change to a different medication.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • " Began monthly shot 240 ml of Degarelix November 2015 reducing my PSa to 0.5 in May 2016. Started a clinical trial in February of 2016 supplementing with Cabozantinib." If Degarslix was reducing your PSA, why did you introduce Cabozantinib, now? Also, your pelvic tumor how much in measurement or percent was it reduced, by Degarslix. Do you go every 3 0r 6 months for scans?

Rich