Ezetrol: Hi anyone been prescribed... - Cholesterol Support

Cholesterol Support
8,620 members2,473 posts

Ezetrol

KelseyK
KelseyK

Hi anyone been prescribed Ezetrol and what was your experience if any with side effects Have tried statins but side effects not great Trying to control genetically high cholesterol

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi I take Ezetimibe I think branded as Ezetrol. This was due to statin intolerance. I have been on this med for around 4 years with no side affects whatsoever 😊

Ezetrol will not reduce you're cholesterol significantly on its own especially if you are on a good diet Plant based ect. This was my experience on it . I eventually went back to a low dose statin 5 mg taken 5 times weekly. reduced my lDL from 4.5 to 2.4.

Good morning to you. I take Ezetimibe as I am unable to tolerate Statins, due to muscle problems etc etc. I have been taking this for many years after trying probably every Statin on the market, I have not known any side effects.

I have Familial Hypercholesterolemia, so obviously this is a lot more difficult to control. Ezetimibe does not have much effect on lowering cholesterol however - so trying to maintain a low fat diet is probably one of the key answers. This - I expect -you’ve already been told a hundred times. Difficult though isn’t it, particularly at the moment!

If I remember correctly, I believe I was told that Ezetrol helps to reduce the amount of cholesterol that your body absorbs from your food. The first time I took it, I felt mildly nauseous the next day and it seems to me that since I've been on it, I get quite uncomfortable indigestion if I eat fatty food or pastry, to the extent that it puts me off those kinds of foods - but I don't see that as a bad thing! However, that could also just be coincidence. Certainly, I've experienced no side-effects bad enough to stop me from taking Ezetrol..

You may also like...