Triglycerides: Had blood test... - Cholesterol Support

Cholesterol Support
8,455 members2,406 posts

Triglycerides

Berkoff
Berkoff
11 Replies

Had blood test cholestral 2.1 Triglycerides 1.9 ..is the latter too high ?

11 Replies
oldestnewest
sandybrown

Are you on medication to lower cholesterol?

Berkoff
Berkoff
in reply to sandybrown

Yes astrostatin ....doc recently reduced by half because some calf pain

sandybrown
sandybrown
in reply to Berkoff

Medication has lowered your total cholesterol to 2.1, human body needs cholesterol for it to function. Please consult your doctor to adjust your medicine dosage so that the cholesterol can come up to a good level.

1 like
Markl60

The best predictor amongst a standard lab test is Trig' to HDL ratio also Total Cholesterol to HDL ratio is useful so you need to specify all your numbers for a reasonable opinion to be put forward

1 like
Red18
Red18
in reply to Markl60

Hi Mark160. My blood ratio is 1:9 is this number good?

ashleyout

I reduced my triglycerides from 350 to 95 mg/dl (lab reference is below 150 mg/dl) simply by exercising and reducing alcohol. I was on atorvastatin for a while but had to come off due to leg and foot cramp. I now take fenofibrate which my doctor told me targets triglycerides as opposed to cholesterol. The pills gave me about a 10% reduction but my lifestyle changes did the rest. All I needed was half an hour a day on a treadmill, not running but walking at speeds between 5 and 8 km/h. Hope this helps.

Berkoff
Berkoff
in reply to ashleyout

Thanks

Adaboo

I got all my numbers down including triglycerides by eating lowish cab. Under 100 grams a day. Can’t do keto as it’s too low for me. I’ve just cut bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, still eat lots of healthy veg. My numbers became optimal after 3 months 👍🏻

1 like
sos007
sos007Ambassador

If you want to have optimal cardiovascular health, you should target a triglyceride value below 1.1 mmol/l.

Source:

lifeextension.com/Magazine/...

Personally, I maintain my triglycerides below 0.60 mmol/l.

My last reading was 0.43 mmol/l.

The lower, the better.

You may also like...