The Cholesterol Myth Has Been Busted — Yet Again

'A 40-year-old previously unpublished trial shows that while replacing saturated fat with vegetable oil lowered total cholesterol by 14 percent, for every 30 point drop in total cholesterol there was a 22 percent increased chance of death

Many other trials have also found that replacing saturated fats with vegetable oils increase mortality risk from all causes, including coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease

Processed vegetable oils contribute to devastating attacks to your health and attacks your brain in several ways, thereby contributing to and worsening neurologic disorders'.

articles.mercola.com/sites/...

Last edited by

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thank you for this post, very interesting reading. I am not sure when the UK, NHS will give proper advice on cholesterol. Life style change, and proper advice on food.

• Probably never, as they only follow Government guidelines....

• Never, cos the gov officials and politicians are in bed with Big Pharma and take money and instructions from Big Pharma, Food Corporations, Wall St, Oil Corporations, Health Insurance Compsnies..... The list goes on and on.

In the old days it was called a "bribe".

• Well said, that is exactly right!!

• Wonderful to hear from someone who is fully aware of the truth. As Dottie11 says, "Well said."

• I'll complete your sentence for you Dottie11. .....which are totally wrong. What does Duncan Selbie CEO of Public Health England do to receive a salary of £200,000?

Tibbly

• More information can be found here:

quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercol...

• ethawkins, whether or not Dr Mercola is considered a 'quack' and despite whatever he is accused of. It still stands that the cholesterol causes heart disease theory is based on false science and has been debunked by many researchers and even cardiologists!!

So your link is not even relevant!

• Of course it is relevant. Posting fake news as fact can influence gullible people into not taking the correct procedures needed in order to safeguard their health.

sciencebasedmedicine.org/9-...

• As I said, Mercola isn't the only one writing about and publishing research on the cholesterol myth, many are.....So, are you telling me they are ALL reporting 'fake' news??!!

Do you work for the pharmaceutical industry or something?? Because it sounds like it!

• He may not be the only one but many wrongs do not make a right. I do not work for the pharmaceutical industry.

• Many doctors got it wrong on dosage since the start of western medication and the end result was death!

I have two marks in my arm, western compulsory immunisation programme in Sri Lanka, controlled trials?.

I do not see the marks in UK people of my age why?

Nurses came to the school, we all lined up, there was a lamp to sterilise the needle, one by one zap! we could not escape as there were no announcement, parents did not know?

There you have it. write or wrong.

• The problem was many od us listened to the doctors, we did not know much about medication! Internet and technology gave all of us to find what we want very quickly and also media. WE all understand how the cholesterol support came about, before it was Heart UK. Medication do help some people but not every one. People did not like when I asked the question why? a cardiologist is giving station to a 87 year old person?, one year, or five years more, why? live with the side effect?

In my case antihistamine did not help me but it helps many people during the summer. I have found a work around by avoiding some food, at the moment I can only eat cooked food, no fruits as the protein in fresh veg and fruits is giving me problems and found this by Internet research, 35 years ago when the consultant gave me medication I took it without asking any questions!!!!

Zoe, I cannot remember the other name, this lady has been writing a lot on cholesterol, worth reading.

• This is from the second link:

The risk from saturated fat in foods such as butter, cakes and fatty meat is being overstated and demonised, according to a cardiologist.

Dr Aseem Malhotra said there was too much focus on the fat with other factors such as sugar often overlooked.

Cholesterol levels can be influenced by many factors including diet, exercise and drugs, in particular statins, he adds.

“There is clear evidence that patients who have had a heart attack, or who are at high risk of having one, can benefit from taking a statin.

“But this needs to be combined with other essential measures, such as eating a balanced diet, not smoking and taking regular exercise.”

Statins are a group of medicines that can help lower rates of cholesterol in the blood.

Cholesterol can also be reduced by eating a healthy, balanced diet, maintaining a healthy weight and doing regular physical activity.

You may also like...