i made a 'mistake' after my recent surgery - Changing Faces

Changing Faces
1,506 members277 posts

i made a 'mistake' after my recent surgery

user533
user533
13 Replies

Im not sure, but i think i made a mistake.

I got a surgery in october to fix a scar problem that couldnt go away on its own.

the result was fine, but there was a blemish. So i put some special oil on the 'issue', and i scratched the skin and the bump completely vanished.

Then i was happy about it... but then i did a bad mistake; I did the same thing to the other side of my scar , a side where there was no visible blemish at all. I just wanted to be sure that there would be no defect/imperfections on this side of my scar; so well, i put some oil again, and i scratched the skin ( because the oil regenerate the skin, it make it all rough ) . I scratched until i thought there cant be any blemish left there after this.

Then it took 1 week to heal, and after it healed, it seems like it made a sort of small bump. Then i asked online what it was, and 2 sources ( plastic surgeons ) said it looked like an hypertrophic scar.

To fast-foward, The bump seems to have decreased in size, with the help of massage and peeling off the skin sometimes with my nails ( and letting the skin heals ). it seems that the bump is much smaller in size but its still there.

Upcoming monday, ill finally get access to silicone sheets for scars, which im really happy because i wanna see if it can get rid of the issue i have.

so yeah, i just wanted to vent about it here. I have a hard time thinking of dating with that on my face , but at the same time I dont want to always stay at home and do nothing of my days.

anyone relate ? That your difference make it hard for you to get outside, or to date sometimes ?

13 Replies
oldestnewest
AlwaysSmiling
AlwaysSmilingCommunity Ambassador

Hi user533,

Don't put yourself down about what happened to your scar. You weren't to know about the outcome and I'm sure things will get better.

Yes I can definitely relate to my visible difference making it hard to date. Although I'm still very young (16), everyone I know has had at least one date. At school people were always being asked out. Even quiet people like my friends, but to this day I have still never been shown any interest and I'm sure you can imagine how that has left my self esteem!

In the future I would love to have a family but I just find it very hard to believe at this point that someone would ever want to be with me for the rest of their life. I'm always being told that there are plenty of fish in the sea and that I'm still so young and there is so much time but I just can't seem to believe what these people say.

Anyway, sorry for the little rant😂Hope things get better for you!😊

3 likes
younique
youniqueCommunity Ambassador
in reply to AlwaysSmiling

AlwaysSmiling I had no idea you were so young, you seem so mature! I'm going to tell you what I wish someone told me when I was 16 (boys showed no interest in me either but I had a lot of friends at that time). Don't worry about it, honestly. Not because there are a lot of fish in the sea, but because developing a strong relationship with yourself and hanging with your girl friends is more fun and fulfilling than worrying about boys. I don't want to sound negative or anything, but boys are not that important, especially at that age, so please don't worry about impressing them. I know you may want to feel "normal", and do all the same things your friends are doing, but it's really not that great. This does not mean you have to stay at home all the time or not have friends.. it's exactly the opposite! Do MORE worthwhile things to distract you from worrying about boys. Do more of the things that make you special and unique. Learn an instrument, paint, draw, play sports, find a group of people with similar interests, go on adventures, go hiking, develop a hobby, play video games, volunteer helping the less fortunate, whatever you're into, do it more and do it better! Set goals for yourself.. fun ones like if you want to learn an instrument or how to sing, learn how to play like your favorite musician or even find other people who want to learn to play and start a small band. The point is, you have so much to offer the world and in high school it's hard to see that when everyone your age is really just fumbling through life themselves. They don't have anything figured out, trust me.

Stay happy (you seem like a very happy person), be confident, live your life not worrying about boys, and dating will be much easier. Just never EVER sacrifice your self respect or morals for a silly boy. You're so much better than that and you're worth so much more than that. ❤️ I hope you know that.

3 likes
AlwaysSmiling
in reply to younique

Thank you so much for all of these kind words. I will definitely take on board all of the amazing advice! I would love to start volunteering actually, I think helping others would help me to see the good in myself!! Thanks again!😊❤

3 likes
younique
youniqueCommunity Ambassador
in reply to AlwaysSmiling

🤗 You are incredible.

1 like
DolaChangingFacesUK
DolaChangingFacesUKAdministrator
in reply to younique

I'm far from 16 but think I'll take up this advice as well! Wise words from a sage 🙌🙏😄

1 like
HiddenThis reply has been deleted
AlwaysSmiling
in reply to Hidden

Thank you, I will!!!

2 likes
Tortoise96
Tortoise96Community Ambassador
in reply to Hidden

I was the exact same, now I’m happier than ever in a relationship... so wait for the right person, they will come :)

3 likes
Tortoise96
Tortoise96Community Ambassador

What’s this silicone sheet?

user533
user533
in reply to Tortoise96

hello tortoise, i remember you struggled with your scar on your face . well silicone sheets are one of the few remedy there is . its a sheet that you place on your scar and you leave it there for hours and hours and with time , the scar 'problems' starts to disappears. problems such as hypertrophic scars and such heals with that

user533

a little update : i feel happy guys. my scar problem is slowly going away with silicone sheets. its almost all faded out !

Rees_Headley

Good news mate. Im using silicone gel on mine and it’s getting better - only happened 4 months ago so a few more months of healing yet but I’m

getting there day by day

NewFaceFace

I just had an op two weeks ago. Yes, it is making me shy and I keep my face bandaged or go for a walk in the evening. Normally I like cafes and restaurants but not now. I think I have to get used to it. I was quite an assertive person and not shy but this is a shock.

You may also like...