Mistrusting attractive people: This is... - Changing Faces

Changing Faces
1,423 members256 posts

Mistrusting attractive people

winterday
winterday
6 Replies

This is probably an odd post topic but I’ve found myself, lately in particular, to be untrusting of attractive people. It’s stronger towards women which is undoubtedly because I’m a woman.

Also, I find myself suspecting that attractive people haven’t really earned their positions if they’re successful. That they got what they have because of looking good.

I’m obviously working on overcoming this viewpoint but does anyone else ever do this?

6 Replies
oldestnewest
user533

i feel delighted reading your post. its not ALWAYS the case, but i think you're right.

i have no girlfriend. and i know being attractive make you more successful in life.

some people have a high status just because of that. some things are just based on sex too.

1 like
Gogo_go

It’s natural to feel this way. I’m sure everyone has felt this way at some point in their life. The fact you’re trying to overcome viewing the world through that lens is important. Because the only person that viewpoint affects is you.

1 like
winterday
winterday
in reply to Gogo_go

No, I don’t think most people would have this particular viewpoint, I think it’s applicable especially to people with visible differences etc. Also, it’s not really affecting me in any significant way. It just is.

Gogo_go
Gogo_go
in reply to winterday

Was just giving my input. Have heard people voice opinions like this, myself included, so to me I thought it was normal to feel this sometimes. Glad to hear it’s not affecting you!

2 likes
rapture4u

I'm so relieved that someone was brave enough to write this. I think the media, TV and all those magazines are especially to blame for this perception of having to be perfectly attractive, with the airbrushing and the models involved, as if not being perfect is somehow flawed or bad and not acceptable. It's wrong and very shallow to promote this view that we all should be attractive, like the models in those magazines or pop videos. Anyway I don't think anything is perfect, we all have our flaws and imperfections, which is what makes us human.

4 likes
winterday
winterday
in reply to rapture4u

Absolutely and thanks so much for putting your two cents out here.

1 like

You may also like...