Changing Faces
976 members147 posts

Get help if you're feeling low

Hi all, this is Ali from the Changing Faces Practitioner team - we work with children, families and adults providing direct support for the emotional impact of living with a condition that affects appearance.

If you are having a hard time coping with your experience of a disfiguring condition, and you'd like to find out more about how a Changing Faces Practitioner can help, call us on 0300 0120 275 or email We're available between 9am-4pm.

If you are feeling extremely distressed and having thoughts of hurting yourself or struggling to go on with life, it's really important for you to get help straight away. The best person to make sure you get the right kind of support in this situation is your GP. If you don't have a GP or you are unable to contact them, go to your nearest Accident & Emergency department and ask for help. Alternatively, you can contact the Samaritans 24 hours a day on 08457 90 90 90 or by emailing or by going to your local branch (find out about branches near you on the Samaritans website

You may also like...