It 3:50 am. This HSP with T is still ... - British Tinnitus ...

British Tinnitus Association

6,066 members3,426 posts

It 3:50 am. This HSP with T is still awake 😞

DarrenNeilson profile image

Hello all. My life seems out of control... Ive have t for about 10 years now.. It feels like Im stuck in a torture chamber.. My job keeps pilling on the overtime which as an HSP cause me to be more stressed which causes the T to get louder which gives me insomnia and then I cant work (I drive truck. Must be well rested to be a safe driver ) been thinking about assisted suicide, but as a man of faith that is out of the question... So the misery wheel goes round and round...

6 Replies

Have had mine on and off for 30 years. Have learnt to live with it most of the time but also have times when I lay awake. Although it does appear to get louder with increasing stress levels, for me it's the stress that keeps me awake and the T is a biproduct. I find that by thinking about how much worse off others are that I am actually grateful and can usually ignore it.

Yes. I feel the same way... Stess is the root I believe... Looking to get a business going to let the job go.. But boss keeps piling on the OT making hard to find stess free time to make a go at it.. Thxz for you reply.

I’m so sorry to read this, Darren. I surely get it and understand how you feel. I just keep holding on and it’s been 43 years now - started at the age of eleven. Perhaps a quieter job might help?

Thank you. I indeed am trying to get a business going so I can have more time to be in nature. As of right now I come home to a bed and try to cool down before sleep...

ShakeelaBTA profile image
ShakeelaBTAAdministrator

Hello and welcome to the British Tinnitus Association forum.

Do feel free to ask any questions, I hope that you find this a helpful and supportive place to help you manage your tinnitus.

We have some resources that you might like to check out in addition to our home here:

tinnitus.org.uk (information and support details)

takeontinnitus.co.uk (free tinnitus management programme)

Helpline 0800 018 0527 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm) (outside the UK you can call +44 (0)114 250 9922)

Kind regards

Shakeela

Your comment 3 months ago Darren . Know exactly how you feel pal. All rubbish isn't it ? Hope you're still around.

You may also like...