Going Vegan: I have mild tinnitus in my... - British Tinnitus ...

British Tinnitus Association
3,377 members2,122 posts

Going Vegan

I have mild tinnitus in my right ear since just a week. My GP did remove some ear wax yesterday but unfortunately my ringing hasn’t stopped. I barely notice it during the day but it’s the night that’s bugging me badly. But I have an awesome family and a group of friends so giving up is definitely not I have learnt. I am just 23 and from this Spring I am starting my masters in data analytics. That’s what my dream is and I’ll do anything to achieve it.

I read that going vegan helps and I am not sure if that’s true but there isn’t any harm in trying. I am gonna start eating raw vegetables and fruits and would have a salt intake just once in a meal. If it helps Or not I’ll definitely update here. Thanks!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi K95,

Tinnitus aside, I am glad to hear that another person is on board the vegan train! I have been vegetarian for 30 years and decided to become vegan when my lactose intolerance soared. I had never liked eggs and got fed up with saying that I was a vegetarian with lactose intolerance! Much easier to ask for vegan foods. There is an excellent choice nowadays and we don't have to live on raw foods and lentils!

PS I have no idea if not eating animal flesh or dairy helps to quieten my T.

Regards,

Angela xx

I’m interested in that too. I am vegetarian and I have been wondering if maybe that’s the cause of my severe chronic migraine which I have put down so far to my PT. If you google headache and vegetarian there are loads of articles saying that bring a vegetarian can cause headaches due to missing certain elements in your diet which makes me wonder. Don’t know how I’ll do it though.

Hi Rb, a healthy veggie diet is good for lowering cholesterol and blood sugars etc.

Any unhealthy diet causes health problems.

I would suggest taking a multi vitamin & mineral tablet daily if you feel that your diet is lacking. I find H&B products to be the best.

Angela xx

1 like

Yep. Couldn’t agree more. I make most of my own vege dishes from scratch so should be ok. But I have started muti vits and a tonic so fingers crossed.

1 like

Vegetarian here, I haven’t read many articles about Veganism helping. I will definitely have a read, but 100% I find the more unhealthier I am the worser my Tinnitus xo

1 like

Yes! I have been vegan for a week and honestly I don’t know yet if it has helped my T but it has just been a week. But yes, eating healthier does help as a whole!

1 like

You may also like...