British Tinnitus Association
2,970 members1,901 posts

MY TINNITUS JOURNEY AND RETURN BACK TO STEP(3) BELOW:

** Please exercise your own best judgement when following the guidelines on my blog **

Tinnitus RECOVERY Guidelines: Last Updated: 08 August 2018

(

I shall only CHASE REAL VOICE and take all other voices as FALSE/FAKE and perceived

I am NOT interested in voices coming from within Ears, I will only concentrate on real voices; there by automatically ignoring all other voices as they are FAKE, PERCEIVED and FALSE VOICES created by brain

I will always Ignore head voices; I will only concentrate on real voices; thereby automatically ignoring all other voices as they are FAKE, PERCEIVED and FALSE VOICES created by brain

To avoid listening to any sounds from ears I shall shift my sleeping positions accordingly.

Continue to remind yourself that other voices you hear are fake, perceived and false so why show interest in them? Just ignore them

To release any negative energy that surrounds me I will do as below:-

For few seconds only, I will watch the event when negative energy or physical sensation (stress, anxiety, panic or depression), ‘actual event as it tries to engulf the body or mind and say “RELAX” and visualize it getting diminished or fading away. Just a direct repetitive instruction to brain to RELAX is enough to stop creating fertile ground for tinnitus.

When I hear voices from within my ears or head, I shall instruct my brain to “Shut off the neuron activity/voice” and repeat this few times and visualize neurons/voice firing being stopped or fading away. Just a direct repetitive instruction to brain ‘SHUT off” is enough

If you hear mixed voice, ask yourself, is it REAL voice? No, then ‘I am not listening to it’

If the voice is from ear, then ask yourself, is it EAR voice? Yes, then I am ‘not interested’ in it

I will follow breathing exercises as listed in this blog.

)

MY TINNITUS JOURNEY AND RETURN BACK TO STEP (3) BELOW:

=====================================================

Sequence of events that went into forming TINNITUS:

•Use of Ear wax thinner drops (Soliwax drops, waxolve drops )

•Ear wax removal

•Hyperacousis resulting in AMPLIFIED (Distorted) hearing to normal sound (Step3)

•Listening to songs through earphone caused further damage to eardrum

•frequent listeners fatigue / tired ears when listening to audio

•Mixed voices coming from inside of ears and sometimes head voices too. The amplification of these secondary voices made these mixed voices prominent.

•Anxiety and panic reaction towards mixed voices

•START OF TINNITUS (continuous voices in ear). Tinnitus is nothing but sudden immense attention to secondary voices which are either perceived or are coming from bone conduction /from within ear or head voices which are mostly false or perceived voices, thus confusing brain to process mixed voices instead of real voice which we normally paid attention to before the onset of hyperacousis. Whatever the underlying cause, we are not supposed have tinnitus if we concentrated only on real voice ignoring all other voices which we used to do naturally before getting into trap of paying attention to these secondary voices brought forward due to strong attention created towards these voices.

•This means Ear canal that is tired if subjected to continuous audio causes listeners fatigue and when this created continuous attention towards ear canal thus causing REPETITIVE acoustic reflex ( involuntary muscle contraction/vibrations in the middle ear ), and subsequent tinnitus. This also cause neurons that are firing uncontrollably. Becosule capsule are usually taken to fight fatigue.

•My Audiogram shows nerve damage and mixed hearing but without any hearing loss

•Always now hearing real voices along with mixed voices

•Resulting confusion and stress cause Headache and dizziness

•Acceptance towards tinnitus sound/mixed voices stopped headaches and dizziness

•GOING COMPLETE SILENCE , also used EARMUFFS to silence tinnitus

•Started sitting or sleeping away from source of sound so as to not stimulate the eardrum. That means, I avoided sitting near or below FAN, AC, Audio source like speakers etc

•Started use of Becosule capsule for ear fatigue, Vitamin B12 (neurobion forte or nervmax caps with GABA)along with antioxidants(Sm Fibro) and vitamin ‘C’ (Celine, limcee)

•Use of cotton swabs (sometimes plain cotton or other times dipped in few drops of sesame oil) stuffed inside or at the door of ear canals to prevent direct hit of sound. This method provides a lots of reassurance to ears just as in plaster use in case of a fracture or a sling bag use in case of muscle tear or muscle pull.

•Did Breathing exercise(2) and other ear exercises

•Stopping of anxiety, depression, and panic reaction towards tinnitus by “As-It-Happens” WATCH method. The tinnitus thrives on anxiety, depression and panic so when all of sudden tinnitus tries to wake up again, it first tries to bring one of these 3 symptoms before setting in again, but as we START WATCHING THE EVENT when the anxiety or fear or depression starts to engulf the body, the mere watching of the physical sensation of anxiety or fear or depression “AS IT HAPPENS” stops the symptoms thus depriving tinnitus of the ground on which it can fertile, thus stopping the tinnitus at the nip of bud. This is a spiritual method we use to stop tinnitus from gaining fertile ground.

•Now the final and most important step to end the menace:-

Notice how it started? We started to hear mixed voices coming from ear or head. Now this is what happened: The hyperacousis caused amplification of normal hearing sounds, also enabling those sounds which were otherwise mild or were in background, and this confused our brains. Normally when making conversations or hearing TV or audio we would only hear the sound coming from these sources, but now with amplification of sound around us we now begin to hear other sounds along with these real voices.

It does not stop here. Since we now hear other voices along with real voices we begin to show more attention(out of fear or curiosity) to these extra voices that have joined in from nowhere and thus more and more attention to these voices instead of real voices make them prominent making brain feel that as if these are the real voices it must interpret which it cannot actually, also by giving these secondary voices more attention we continue to make them prominent and thus we begin to hear them more and more loud as the day pass. The brain already traumatised by this strange situation then converts these secondary voices made primary by our constant attention and relays back to us in form of tinnitus. This also starts uncontrolled firing of neurons inside of ears.

The method to stop this madness is as follows: we will employ following protocol:

Talk to your body method:-

THE WORDS TO CHANT:

=====================

•‘RELAX’ when your attention go to ears or when your brain starts to look for tinnitus Or when you feel stress building up around ears. Repeat few times 'RELAX' and visualize yourself relaxing

•‘Neurons shall not fire’ when you hear fireworks inside of an ear. Repeat few times.

•‘All the other voices are false’ when u hear mixed voices joining in while concentrating only on 'real voices'

•Continue to give attention to 'real voices' when continuous sound starts in ear, listen to TV/audio/music and concentrate on just the voice coming from audio source thereby automatically ignoring all other voices.

1.Talk to your body method.

2. Tell your brain to ‘shut off the voice/neuron activity’ when you hear voices from within ear, repeat the instructions few times. Just repeat the words ‘SHUT OFF” when you hear those fireworks coming from within ears.

3.Just a direct repetitive instruction to brain to RELAX is enough to stop creating fertile ground for tinnitus.

4.Never EVER go inside of EARS. That means you have to keep reminding yourself that “ I AM NOT INTERESTED IN VOICES COMING FROM EAR” The EARS are your forbidden domain and as you STOP visiting them you will notice a huge difference in controlling your tinnitus symptoms

5.I am not interested in voices coming from HEAD as they are false and perceived

6.It is important to know that the voices coming from within ear are false or perceived and are not supposed to be continuous except making some sounds for few seconds to inform the person of loudness of voice

7.AVOID HEADPFONE and DIRECT SOURCE OF SOUND forever. In case of ear fatigue stop listening to continuous sound (TV, music etc)

8.The last but not the least, do this every day to TRAIN your mind to only listen to "REAL VOICES" automatically ignoring all other voices and the best way to do is to START a MUSIC/SONG/TV and then concentrate on listening to the audio, strictly and STRONGLY IGNORING ALL THE OTHER VOICES. As you do this your tinnitus will diminish or make all other sounds weak in no time.

9.The only reason MASKERS fail here is that, they do suppress the tinnitus but do not train you to listen ONLY to REAL VOICES and ignore all other voices and hence as soon as you are out of the maskers and you hear tinnitus, you do not know how to supress it.

10.IN FACT to be precise, ignore is not the correct word but concentrating on real voices is the right approach to solution...

11.Continue to remind yourself that voices you hear are fake, perceived and false so why show interest in them? Just ignore them

12.Tinnitus aggravates when you have tired ear canals, so for next few hours please avoid noise and 'go silence' and 'sleep it over' to remove ear fatigue.

We must recognize that we are only supposed to hear REAL VOICES and hence ignoring these extra voices that join the real voices is the key to stop tinnitus forever. Here will shall apply “TALK TO YOUR BODY/BRAIN METHOD”, yes; this really works. Just ask the brain to "Stop the voice” or that “neurons shall not fire” when you hear those fireworks coming from within ears but don't pay attention to them. You must remind yourself that “YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN VOICES COMING FROM EAR, and that you shall only concentrate on real voices ignoring all other voices”.

Same applies to “HEAD VOICES” and you must ignore them.

What this means is that YOU SHALL "CONCENTRATE ONLY ON REAL VOICES" and thus within few days you will SEND THESE UNWANTED MIXED VOICES BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONGED AS IN PAST just before hyperacousis made them aloud and visible.

** Once you start chasing only real voices and show no interest in all other voices coming from ear or head , and when you still hear those voices sometimes then all you have to do is keep reminding yourself about how fake and false the other voices are and that you are NOT INTERESTED in those voices et all **

** ALWAYS DO BREATHING EXERICES mentioned BELOW MORNING AND EVENING to send more oxygen to body.

Also exercise, eat healthy foods and include L Glutamine/BCAA based amino acids (1gm daily) as supplements to speed up eardrum healing process **

Breathing exercises for sending Oxygen to ears and calm down tinnitus

===================================================

Exercise (1) (Can be also used for asthma cold and cough issues)

SIT in a relaxed upright position.

Do a regular breathing and let inhale exhale happen.

Anytime at next EXHALE, HOLD or PINCH your NOSE with index and thumb fingers, keeping your mouth shut

Start counting 1001, 1002, 1003 …..

HOLD TILL MAXIMUM till the time you cannot hold anymore.

YOU MUST Hold till STRONG URGE TO BREATH.

Release your nose, and do your regular breathing in relaxed manners.

Wait for at least 30-45 seconds before repeating above stapes 2-3 times again

Exercise (2) Modified exercise 1 to send oxygen to ears.

Anytime at next EXHALE, use your MIDDLE FINGER of EACH hands to PRESS or PINCH your NOSE thus closing your both nostrils, keeping your mouth shut

Next; Insert THUMBS of both hands inside each ears to shut down ear canal of both ears

Now, HOLD TILL MAXIMUM time, till the time you cannot hold anymore.

Remove both your middle finger and Release your nose, and do your regular breathing in relaxed manners.

After 7-10 breathings quickly snap your thumbs out of ear canals, this shall make some popping out sound as you remove your thumbs from ear canals

Wait for at least 30 seconds before repeating above stapes 4-5 times again

** Also this ear exercise that I got from Internet shall be done if you have used Ear drops before era wax removal. YouTube: ‘How to get rid of Tinnitus naturally’ By “Austin Goh”

TINNITUS MANAGEMENT (Observing SILENCE as Solution to managing it)

=========================================================

Initial period does require observing silence to stop aggravating hyperacousis or tinnitus.

In nutshell since we have sensitive ear, our ear when exposed to any CONTINUOUS VOICE/SOUND be it mild or high will intensify the Tinnitus. So even FAN shall be at pace where it is not making any sound. One shall avoid direct contact with any sound source, for example do not sit directly under a fan or a A/C unit.

Observing silence is the need of hour, be it from outside source like TV , music etc or our own voice, we must talk only when needed that too in soft and slow voice.

I follow these steps and that has made a lot of difference to managing my tinnitus:-->

1) Observe silence meaning talk slow and soft and only when necessary. Earmuffs provide immediate relief to ears since they trap the ear inside ear canals.

2) Avoid all electronic sounds, shun TV, audio, music for first few weeks. Avoid sitting or sleeping under any direct source of sound however mild it may be.

3) NEXT very important: Roll-UP cotton swab using palm of your both hands, (around 2 inch after roll up), dip any one side of this cotton in SESAME OIL (4-5 drops),and insert this cotton into affected ear or both ears. Or just stuff a PLAIN cotton swab without any oils near ear canal door to avoid direct hit of sound.

Let this cotton remain 24/7 inside ear and you may change it every 12 hours if you like. It is very important for affected ear to be protected from all type of noises.

This method provides a lots of reassurance to ears just as in plaster use in case of a fracture or a sling bag use in case of muscle tear or muscle pull.

Let’s get rid of TINNITUS in next 24 hours

===================================

Okay Readers,

I want you to prevail and pass this test today and most of you who pass this test would be out of tinnitus or will know the mechanism to end this monster voice issue. The issue [tinnitus] started in one day (exposure to sudden loud noise) and similarly the issue has a potential to go away in just one day (24 hours). Use this principal always, “I shall only CHASE REAL VOICE and take all other voices as FALSE/FAKE and perceived”

Let’s do this TEST as explained below: (In fact start this TEST with breathing exercise below)

•Tinnitus is nothing but sudden immense attention to secondary voices which are either perceived or are coming from bone conduction /from within ear or head voices thus confusing brain to process mixed voices instead of real voice which we normally paid attention to before the onset of hyperacousis. Whatever the underlying cause, we are not supposed have tinnitus if we concentrated only on real voice ignoring all other voices which we used to do naturally before getting into trap of paying attention to these secondary voices brought forward due to strong attention created towards these voices.

•You must remind yourself that “YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN VOICES COMING FROM EAR, HEAD, and any other voice that you think is not real”, and that you shall only concentrate only on real voices ignoring all other voices. Throughout the day remind yourself of this by talking to your body or your own self. Please KNOW that all OTHER VOICES ARE PERCEIVED or FAKE so as you ignore them they will fade away. Continue to remind yourself that voices you hear are fake, perceived and false so why show interest in them? Just ignore them instead.

•Do breathing exercise mentioned below once in morning and second time in evening.

•Tell your brain to ‘shut off the voice/neuron activity’ when you hear voices from within ear, repeat the instructions few times. Just repeat the words ‘SHUT OFF” when you hear those fireworks coming from within ears.

•Just a direct repetitive instruction to brain to RELAX is enough to stop creating fertile ground for tinnitus.

•Talk to your body method.

THE WORDS TO CHANT:

=====================

•‘RELAX’ when your attention go to ears or when your brain starts to look for tinnitus Or when you feel stress building up around ears. Repeat few times 'RELAX' and visualize yourself relaxing

•‘Neurons shall not fire’ when you hear fireworks inside of an ear. Repeat few times.

•‘All the other voices are false’ when u hear mixed voices joining in while concentrating only on 'real voices'

•Continue to give attention to 'real voices' when continuous sound starts in ear, listen to TV/audio/music and concentrate on just the voice coming from audio source thereby automatically ignoring all other voices.

In fact start this TEST with breathing exercise below

•Now the most important part of test:, take up this activity for next 20 minutes (In fact repeat this test every 6 hours) away from sound source always.

Either take up a music CD which would run for at least 20-30 minutes and audio at the level which does not hurt your ear, you sitting away from sound source and just concentrate on voice coming from CD ignoring all other voices coming from ear, head, and surroundings. You must only concentrate on REAL voice that you want to listen and ignore all other voices.

Similarly you can pick up a TV channel and audio at the level which does not hurt your ear and just concentrate on listening to voice coming from TV and you must try and prevail in ignoring all other voices whether coming from ear, head or surroundings. During this test if your ears feel tired then stop the test and wear earmuffs for around 20 minutes to sooth the ears. The earmuffs, since they trap the air in ear canal provide immediate soothing to ear.

YOU MUST TRY TO PREVAIL this test of ignoring all other voices except the one that you want to hear.

•In fact regardless of this test, henceforth you shall only concentrate on REAL voices to end this issue of tinnitus forever. DO NOT BE INTERESTED IN ANY OTHER VOICES EXCEPT THE “REAL VOICE”

This is how it works guys,

===================

You start hearing mixed voice along with a particular audio or video or fan or A/C. What you have to do is to concentrate on listening only to the sound that is coming from source be it from TV or Radio or Cell Phone, or FAN or AC etc etc and as you make sure "only to listen to the voice that is coming from source" all other voice that are joining the audio will soon fade thus ridding you of tinnitus in no time.

However, if your ear feel tired or you face listeners fatigue during any such session then stop the activity immediately as your ears must rest for the rest of the day and you may continue this activity again next day. Use earmuffs to sooth your ear by lying on back for around 20 minutes with earmuffs on your ears.

This activity however must be done for all audio sources few times for example Music will require few such sessions, hearing regular TV audio like News will require few sessions, similarly FAN noise, AC noise....thus you will be trained to listen to only actual voice there by automatically rejecting all other mixed noises that join in. This method to chase only real voices is the ONLY METHOD to rid you of tinnitus permanently.

. THE WORDS TO CHANT:

=====================

Following breathing Exercise must be done twice a day

Anytime at next EXHALE, use your MIDDLE FINGER of EACH hands to PRESS or PINCH your NOSE thus closing your both nostrils, keeping your mouth shut

Next; Insert THUMBS of both hands inside each ears to shut down ear canal of both ears

Now, HOLD TILL MAXIMUM time, till the time you cannot hold anymore.

Remove both your middle finger and Release your nose, and do your regular breathing in relaxed manners with THUMBS still in ear canal.

After 7-10 breathings quickly snap your thumbs out of ear canals, this shall make some popping out sound as you remove your thumbs from ear canals

Wait for at least 30 seconds before repeating above stapes 4-5 times again

End of My TINNITUS Journey, and DISCOVERY OF SPIRITUAL SCIENCE

=============================================================

Today, I declare myself "FREE FROM TINNITUS" the voice monster that the present medical system says is "NOT CURABLE" or have no idea how to manage this.

5 years earlier "I DISCOVERED AYURVEDA" where I learnt the 'FOOD AS MEDICINE “way of curing the ailments from the root. Same food spices that you take as food when consumed in the form of medicine, do a miracle on body ridding you of greatest ailments that prevail and for many of which medical system may not have a cure. The medical system anyway is designed to "treat symptoms and not provide cure" even if they know the cure methods.

Next, I came across "BREATHING EXERCISES aka PRANAYAM", these when done properly do miracle too bringing more oxygen to body and thus saving us from many hidden ailments bringing peace to body and mind.

With TINNITUS, I have gone to next level of DISCOVERY i.e. "SPIRITUAL SCIENCE". Now we already have heard about it and know that "SCIENCE AS IT EXISTS TODAY" is just a small subset of SPIRITUAL SCIENCE but having used it to treat the ailment which was otherwise incurable is something that have not only baffled me, but at the same time have humbled me and I know now that I must now do more research in this are henceforth.

The physical damage done to eardrum may take time to heal but the most important issue of "REPROGRAMMING THE BRAIN" has been done with help of this new discovery and I shall continue to explore more in this are in future.

“May God bless us all”

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Function of breathing exercise is to heal ear (hyperacousis caused by loud sound) and yes the mixed voices have gone blank since I now concentrate on real voices....in fact I have been listening to music ever since I got the eureka moment where I suddenly realized that all I had to was to concentrate on real voice and ignore all other voices, In fact ignore is not the correct word but concentrating on real voices is the right approach to solution....

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY TINNITUS FREE, WITH A KNOWN MECHANISM to end this menace.

Please follow this blog for latest guidelines on tinnitus management

Regards

Please do not believe anyone who tells you that T is not CURABLE. Unfortunately these people went through WRONG LINE OF MANAGEMENT and doctors made it worst for them by telling them that T has no cure. THE "Tinnitus" "T" is a mental situation caused by sudden removal of white noise barrier that was protecting us naturally from hearing these hidden voices and so we must REPROGRAM OUR BRAIN BY ONLY LISTENING TO REAL VOICES and in fact ignoring false or mixed voices is not the correct method but CHASING ONLY REAL VOICES IS THE CORRECT METHOD TO GET RID OF this issue permanently.

The best remedy That i followed and have now cured after few months is to GO COMPLETE SILENCE avoid all audio videos,direct source of sounds , avoid talking too much and talk when necessary and yes most of all if you hear several sounds then try and listen to ONLY real sounds and ignore all other sounds as they are all perceived and fake and more attention you give them more you will bring them forward.

Also in these case we mostly start with vitamin B12 , antioxidant and vitamin C as NO MEDICATION WORKS FOR THIS AND MY EXPERIENCE SAYS THAT WE MUST AVOID ANY MEDICATION that is prescribed for T. Also USE EARMUFFS as much as possible as they will sooth your ears. Also I used to stuff cotton swab in ears to avoid direct exposure to any sounds. Also breathing exercises as described in blog help a lot too.

I also did this exercise for ears and continue to do so still

Follow this blog here to get more on this:

healthunlocked.com/BTA/post...

If you followed silence method and other guidelines you may be out of it sooner than us as I lost lots of time in research which took my recovery to around 6 months but with READY GUIDELINES available to you , you shall be out of it in say 8-12 weeks.

And yes before I forget , Brand chain of amino acids (bcaa) powder or capsules (1gm) every day help re build inner ear walls to recover fast as i discovered it late.

After around 6 months I am back to my original life listening to music , watching tv , audio etc etc.....

May God bless us all.

Tinnitus permanent cure method...Continued from previous posts

This is how it works guys,

---------------------------------------

You start hearing mixed voice of a particular audio or video or fan or A/C. What you have to do is to concentrate on listening only to the sound that is coming from source be it from TV or Radio or Cell Phone , or FAN or AC etc etc and as you make sure "only to listen to the voice that is coming from source" all other voice that are joining the audio will soon fade thus ridding you of tinnitus in no time.

However, if your ear feel tired or you face listeners fatigue during any such session then stop the activity immediately as your ears must rest for the rest of the day and you may continue this activity again next day. Use earmuffs to sooth your ear by lying on back for around 20 minutes with earmuffs on your ears.

This activity however must be done for all audio sources few times for example Music will require few such sessions, hearing regular TV audio like News will require few sessions, similarly FAN noise, AC noise....thus you will be trained to listen to only actual voice there by automatically rejecting all other mixed noises that join in. This method to chase only real voices is the ONLY METHOD to rid you of tinnitus permanently.

THE WORDS TO CHANT:

=====================

You may also like...