Hello Lovely People. I’ve had T for over a year and was managing pretty well. I had days when it was almost non existent, low medium and high. I’d learnt to habituate and had got my head around it.
However, recently it’s got loud again and hasn’t stopped in 10 days. My coping mechanisms are wearing down and it’s beginning to feel like starting all over again with this awful condition.
I’m not sure what started it but it could have been any or a combination of the following:
1. Forgetting to use my earplugs at a pop concert. I stuffed them full of tissue.
2. A dementia bus experience - mimics the physical and mental effects of the condition. I told the organisers I had T so they said not to worry as they’d turn the headphones down - these play random disorientating sounds. They tried but it wasn’t entirely successful. I had to pull them off when I heard a loud siren.
3. A high pitched kettle.
So a few questions:
1. Has anyone else had a situation where their T suddenly ramped up/spiked - especially after a long time of managing it?
2. If so did it get better and was that because of anything you did?
4. Do maskers - I have Oticon - make it better or worse?
Feeling super stressed/depressed as I have so much in at the mo and this is making me shattered. So any help very much and very gratefully appreciated.