British Tinnitus Association
1,648 members1,349 posts

Tinnitus to be ignored or see GP

Hi. i have had various high whistles over time that are infrequent and no bother. In the last year i have a low noise like a faulty generator in one ear. I notice it immediately after getting out of a car but it goes in a few minutes. it is worse lying down and I need to lie on that side to muffle it. If I stand up it disappears. i have a history of labyrinthitis but nor long term vertigo. Is this worthy of joining the queue at the GP surgery?

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Norisa probably best to see your GP and get a referral to see an Audiologist as your whistling could be the start of something a whole lot worse like permanent tinnitus that I have. You appear to have your noises under control now but could possibly be treated at early stage to stop the noises become deafening daily later in life.

Best of luck!

1 like

Hi, Norisa,

As HissingSid suggests, go to the GP and explain your symptoms and request a referral to the audiology dept. Maybe keeping a log of occurrences might help explaining your symptoms. Best wishes for a positive outcome.

Respectfully submitted,

Keoni

1 like

Hello and welcome to the British Tinnitus Association forum Norisa. Do feel free to ask any questions, I hope that you find this a helpful and supportive place to help you manage your tinnitus.

We have some resources that you might like to check out in addition to our home here:

tinnitus.org.uk

takeontinnitus.co.uk

Helpline 0800 018 0527 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm) (outside the UK you can call +44 (0)114 250 9922)

Warmest wishes

Nic (BTA Communications Manager and Forum Administrator)

1 like

You may also like...