British Tinnitus Association
1,949 members1,469 posts

I know I shouldn’t but I still have a life to live

Only twice a year We have our hols before I go I like to get a little brown on the Sunbed. But since my T spiked a couple of months ago I’m a bit scared Incase it makes it worse. I’m just trying to live a normal life I’ve had T for a lot of years now and it’s always been ok before. What do you think am I being daft for even thinking about going on a Sunbed. Thoughts please.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi if it makes you happy and your sensible go for it and enjoy your holidays 😎.

1 like

Can't imagine why a sunbed could cause any problems with your T? Why do you think it might be an issue? Personally, I think anyone who uses a sunbed is pretty daft, but that's a different debate ;-)

Hi I agree but we are all different that’s how you tell us apart. Like smoking, I think smoking is dangerous and smelly but that doesn’t stop people doing it.

1 like

There's no evidence that tinnitus is affected by sunbed use - I don't think there's even been a study. Lots of evidence that sunbeds aren't good for your skin and are a cancer risk, but that's a different matter entirely!

Thanks it’s only three or four times twice a year so I’m careful anyway thanks for that.

You may also like...