My 12 day count down to get fit for my... - British Liver Trust

British Liver Trust
19,061 members • 10,038 posts

My 12 day count down to get fit for my forthcoming Sky Dive begins today😁

ShropshireLass2019
ShropshireLass2019
•120 Replies

Dear All

With only 12 days to go, I thought it was now time to kick my own butt into gear by returning to my daily routine at the gym! (This photo was taken by a friend of mine this morning as I've been contacted by Louise at the trust for a more updated photo so here it is)

For those of you interested in my funds raised to date the pot is sitting at £1861.16 including gift aid! If anyone still wishes to donate then here's my link:

uk.virginmoneygiving.com

Quote's for today!

Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you ❤

Try to be a rainbow in someones CLOUD ❤

Loads of love to you all!

Trish

120 Replies
oldest • newest
P13jne

Go you!!! What a Wonder Woman you are. Such an inspiration for everyone my lovely. Keep up the good work. Jane xx

ShropshireLass2019

Your support is truely welcome Jane plus I'm still looking so forward to seeing you in the New Year😊

Love Wonder Women 🤣🤣🤣

ThreeSmiles

Hi Trish

Your link doesn’t work for me nor do the old one I used to use. Is it my internet or something else? Can you check?

ShropshireLass2019

I cannot get onto any vigin link either !

ThreeSmiles

Yes I even tried manually as no doubt you did... their server must be down ğŸ‘Ž

Ofeckman

Summit wrong with that link. The old link works but I'm not offaly good with copying it?. Not a live link ğŸ‘Ž

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fu...

That's from the updated post re the new jump date 7/12.

ShropshireLass2019

Hi

My hubby has just tried

uk.virginmoneygiving.com and it worked !

ThreeSmiles

Now working - well spotted that man 🙂

ShropshireLass2019

Derek's just gone in via

uk.virginmoneygiving.com

Trish😊

ThreeSmiles

Ofeck’s link will take you to your area Trish. Just like before!

Ofeckman

Yip because the original link is now blacked out not live blue link? 🙄

ShropshireLass2019

We tried Ofeck's link too and it never worked 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe virgin are having a bad day like I did yesterday😂😂 cyber fog 👍

uk.virginmoneygiving.com is definately working ....yipeeee 😁👍

Ofeckman

Yip - Take me to my leader. 👍

Trust1
Trust1Administrator

Looking good Trish!

ShropshireLass2019

I'm trying my best 😁

Ofeckman

What Works for Me May Not Work for You | Psychology Today. 🤔

ShropshireLass2019

Quote ......You know to much psychology when you carn't get mad because you understand everyone's reason for knowing everything! 😊

mattymoo33

Looking gorgeous lovely lady.

I wish you so much love and luck. I bet you'll love it!!!

Can't wait til post skydive update!

🥳🥳🥳🥳

ShropshireLass2019

Hi Matty

The biggest obstacle right now is the weather so let's get 🙏🙏 for dry blue skies which maybe asking for a miracle right now but my guardian angel might put in a good word for me !

Well back to more of the cycling and weights then home to some baking and then dog walking and whatever afterwards 🤣! There's no rest for the WICKED or should I have said ME 😁

Will definately keep everyone updated post dive ! I've arrange for a video which I'm not sure is a good thing or not!

Loads of love to you tooâ¤ğŸŽ„

Filistines

Will you scream as loud as you can? :-)

ShropshireLass2019

Thank you!"Thank you my sweet Matty for your wonderful donation to my forthcoming sky dive !

Also thank you for letting me share this news with everyone. The BLT and the QE thank you too ❤❤

Look forward to possibly joining you next year too 😂😂😂 That's if your in the UK of course

Love Trish xxx

Filistines

You look fit enough to fly up there without aircraft! Well done and that's before you even start to dive.

ShropshireLass2019

Cheers Filly!

I must say I do feel much fitter than of late! Unfortunately I've only been able to cycle 17 kilometers today which is however an improvement since last month when I couldnt do any so I'm 😊😊

Don' t know about flying without the aircraft unless I've sprouted invisable wings or become 👼

Filistines

Mrs Miracle. (Thanks to Jane I've seen it 3 times in as few weeks:-) You may be another Mrs Miracle? Anyway, I know that a person with a possible AI condition can look like a dream at the same time as feeling as crap as it gets. So I hope you are feeling as good as you're looking.

ShropshireLass2019

Your so hilarious Filly implying I Iook like a dream 😂😂😂😂

I've not seen Mrs Miracle so cannot comment but will look it up when I have spare moment!

Now for some baking.....

Love Trish x

Filistines

Seems to me like Mrs M is on tv everyday that I switch it on. Bad habit tho.

Filistines

here's a baking tip you may never have heard before - don't save egg yolks after you made amarretti.

I tried. Forgot how many days they were there. Didn't know how to discard raw egg yolks. Put them in microwave to harden them,so they could go in the bin. Eggs exploded. Made me jump. knocked a pot of coffee and filter full of grounds over floor and cutlery drawer. Now. I have to get rid of my microwave oven, life's too short to get the egg off that. But first I'll make more coffee and watch a christmas movie.

ThreeSmiles

ğŸŽ¼

Is this the way to Amarretti?

Ev'ry night I've been huggin' my pillow

Dreamin' dreams of Amarretti

And sweet Marie who waits for me

ğŸŽ¼

ShropshireLass2019

Me thinks you now have to much spare time on your hands for ğŸŽ¼ lyrics 😁😁

What's happened to the 🧹🏠✈🔨🧰

🤩

ThreeSmiles

Ummm back op perchance?

ShropshireLass2019

And there was me thinking you might be sitting there gluing or painting a few kits! Whoops sorry ! So lots of time for listening to ğŸŽ¼ğŸ¤—ğŸ’¿ğŸ“€ in peace ? 😊😉

ThreeSmiles

🙂

ThreeSmiles

Oh yes andI think you have forgotten the type of planes I make 😀. Not plastic kits although .......

alfredthegreat

Was that the nose of a Airbus 380 I saw poking out the door of your shed Milo? :-) :-)

ThreeSmiles

Oh shucks I thought I was developing a Concorde replacement.......

alfredthegreat

:-) :-) :-)

ShropshireLass2019

I think your confused Milo ! I'm sure it was a Rolls Royce Spitfire Alf saw!

alfredthegreat

That shed is like the Tardis :-) :-)

ShropshireLass2019

I bet he's storing a few Daleks in there too🤣🤣

ThreeSmiles

Actually it’s bigger 😀

ShropshireLass2019

So your storing an army of Daleks ready for your invasion! 🤩

alfredthegreat

That comes as no surprise. I know that there are a few hangers in there :-) :-)

ThreeSmiles

Lol!

ShropshireLass2019

Well yes and no! I did think you could have dabbled with some of he smaller parts or maybe with some of your scale electrics 😊

ShropshireLass2019

How's JD 💿 sounding ?

ThreeSmiles

👍. Thanks!

ShropshireLass2019

PS !'My Whoops comment could have been read in appropriately so my hands truly slapped , as it wasn't meant to be a joke ...

Do hope your back is healing ok!'

ThreeSmiles

Think it’s coming thx! Slowly...... hol cancelled ğŸ™ğŸ‘Ž

Bootandall

Oh noooo😯

ThreeSmiles

I know it’s a shame indeed. Was to have been a big big holiday as well. Second part of getting over you know what..... Ah well, worse things happen at sea eh boot - ahem!

Must be nearly your sleep time now - c’mon boot 😕

ShropshireLass2019

You could 💤💤💤a couple more hours too as it's still dark outside!

😁

ThreeSmiles

Says you who posted at about 0300 on another post. I saw! They don’t call me Hawkeye for nowt you know....

ShropshireLass2019

So you we're awake Hawkeye 😁Me too since 1.20ish ğŸ‘ŽğŸ‘ŽğŸ‘Ž

Bootandall

I am in the process of getting ready to cook all morning, yippee. Washing all the dishes l forgot l owned. I will probably gain back all of the weight l lost, despite best efforts. 🙄 Hopefully lose it when l start physical conditioning. That's my plan. 😅👍

ThreeSmiles

Aha So clear up prep time - what a bore ğŸ‘Ž. Washing should help reduce weight surely if you wash fast and furious 🙂👍.

At least you have a plan Boot! More than I can say - oh wait though I do! I plan to get up in 10 minutes to make a cup of tea - yippee - it won’t be Liptons though 🙂

ShropshireLass2019

If your offering ' Hot Ginger ' for me please !

😉

Bootandall

I am having Twinings. 👍😘

ShropshireLass2019

I'm allergic to tea and coffee ğŸ‘Ž used to drink PG!

ThreeSmiles

Ahhh - the only ting we could get over “there” was Liptons - but that was about 10 years ago 😕😕😕.

Enjoy! (God I hate when I’m told that - it’s so lazzzzzy! )

Milo

Bootandall

I am having a nice hot cup of English tea with milk and a dab of elderberry raw creamed honey made here in North Carolina! 😍

Filistines

milk AND honey! I love elderberries and flowers, never had the honey, sounds amazing! In My Mind I'm Going to Carolina!

ShropshireLass2019

Cook! You mention food and my ears prick up! 🤣

If only I lived closer I'd be there to help! Maybe not with the hand wash thou as my hands are delicate.....joking on that point as I have so called worker hands ! 😁 small and chubby ğŸ‘Ž

Bootandall

It will be just the family unless other guests pop in, so we are keeping it small. Roast beast (Tom the turkey), mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Green bean casserole, scalloped corn, and dinner rolls. That is very standard fare, my family is not that adventurous lol. Pumpkin, sweet potato, and pecan pies for dessert. With coffee, tea, and sparkling grape juice.

ThreeSmiles

Who’s Tom and why is he a turkey?

Bootandall

Cause he is literally a turkey bird.

ThreeSmiles

Omg - here am I sitting in a waiting area in the 🏥 - actually the cafe 😀 - no brekkie - and you’re telling us all that!!

Meanie boot!

😀

Bootandall

Just think how bad it was for Tom! 🦃

ShropshireLass2019

I could never rear a turkey, give it a name then ...... emmm! Sorry Boot but that's me ! I couldn't even kill my 5 chicken's I reared named Oliver Oil, Houdini, Popeye, Arthur and Wings who all died naturally!

However enjoy your Christmas lunch as we're all different! 😘

Bootandall

Omg, seriously!? I bought a Butterball turkey at the store, l really don't like it much, it's super dry and there are always too many leftovers. That's where cranberry and horseradish sauces come in I like all the other things

Bootandall

I would like to try keeping a few chickens for their fresh eggs, but my cat would just eat them🤣😏!

alfredthegreat

Years go, when I was about 10, My friends mother who kept Geese, picked a large goose out and wrung it's neck a few days before Christmas.

She then plucked it and put it in a cold outhouse ready for drawing it's innards the next day.

When she went to get it the next day, she opened the outhouse door and the goose ran out.

She didn't have the heart to kill it after that!

She knitted it a kind of jumper from all sorts of odds and ends of bright coloured wool to help it keep warm for the rest of the winter.

It never did grow it's feathers back properly, just a few sticking out at odd angles here and there.

It was never very friendly after that episode either!

My friend and I used to have to race through the back garden down to our favourite climbing tree whilst trying to avoid getting out bums pecked by the goose ( always known as Lucky the Christmas goose after that traumatic event).

Usually the jumper was in tatters by the spring and a new one was knitted for the next winter.

It lived for a lot of years after that and Lucky never drew the short straw again at Christmas!! :-) :-)

All perfectly true!

Alf.

Ofeckman

Breed - Must have been a Greylag goose that ducked🦆 the oven. 🙄

Filistines

What a tale! Imagine the shock seeing the critter run out the door. My dad gave my sisters and cousins matches and sent us off for a walk. We were excited about permission to light a fire but I was puzzled as to why when we mustn’t even look at matches as a rule. A while later I heard a shot. Later still we set off for home after my uncle passed a packed cream linen flour sack to my dad. We had loads of pork after. Trotters, brawn, chops, roast with crackling. 😳

alfredthegreat

Thought you were going to say that the fire was to do a roast! :-) :-)

Ofeckman

I'll put a Match to that 2. My thoughts exactly. 😏

Filistines

The fire was because children can't be relied on to be discreet. I don't know who lost a pig that day but I'm pretty sure who found one....

alfredthegreat

:-) :-) :-)

ShropshireLass2019

Great story Alf

Here is another !

24 years ago I moved onto 384 acre estate where I lived for 20 years.

The estate had it's own Game Keeper and Estates Manager.

One evening I arrived home from work to find a fully grown dead pheasant on my doorstep which I thought had been left by the game keeper as a present. Well I knew nothing about pheasants at the time but did remember watching my mom de feather and gut a chicken as a child, so I thought how hard can it be ! Well within half an hour or so the dirty deed was done and the pheasant was roasting slowly in the oven ! At that time I was unaware that I should have left the pheasant to hang for a few days !

After roasting I found the pheasant was tough ğŸ‘Ž so I minced the meat and made the most amazing pheasant pasties!

4 days later I met the game keeper for the first time and thanked him for his gift of the pheasant ! Well his shocked face was a picture! He said he'd left no pheasant, and that the pheasant must have been the previous owners pet called Russell who either died from poisoning or had been shot and came home to die! No shot pellet was found .

So you can guess my face went pure white as I'd shared my pasties with the Estate Manager and his family.!!!! Within days my pheasant story had spread all around the village of Grimston and no one died! Phew I was so worried for days .....

alfredthegreat

Nice one!! :-) :-)

ThreeSmiles

What ARE you like hahahaha! Perhaps it just died of old age so that might have contributed to the toughness! Was it even the shooting season Trish 😀

ShropshireLass2019

The answer to your question is nope as it was the 1st or 2nd week in September, however over those 20 years we did have numerous poachers throughout the years killing the wild deer ğŸ‘Ž

ThreeSmiles

Did WE 😀

ShropshireLass2019

Ok ! I did !

ThreeSmiles

Ooopps - nooooooo surely THEY did....unless you bought the estate and you kept that quiet Trish 😀😀😀😀😀

ThreeSmiles

But you know I’m being a pedantic idiot so ignore me!

ShropshireLass2019

Yes and will ! 🙄

ShropshireLass2019

Whoops they did! Every morning at 7.30am the deer came out of the forest to feed and play and again around 4.30pm so you can guess how I felt with poachers lerking about in the spooky surrounding dark woods especially when I was alone on numerous occasions and robbed three times ! The police knew me well until we fitted camera's literally everywhere! Having a quarter of a mile spooky driveway was interesting with gates and cattle grids ....

ThreeSmiles

Sounds lovely - well umm apart from being robbed - do you mean robbed or burgled?

I shan’t make any comment about being well known to the police- ahem 😀. Oh I just have....

ShropshireLass2019

Well recommended on last paragraph will delete !

ShropshireLass2019

Whoops missed correction Burgled!

Bootandall

That's a great story, l shared it with my whole family. Lucky indeed, fantastic!

ShropshireLass2019

My goodness I'm coming! What time should I bet there?

Tom the Turkey .... are you raising your own?

Oh well must fly as I'm just about to set off to the Good Food Show at the NEC in Birmgham which is about an hour or so from me depending on the traffic! It's another girlie day out with friend Sofia who's not well at all!

Catch ya laterz xxxx

Bootandall

Hell no, and I am not even cooking. My husband is the cook. I am merely assembling, and washing the dishes. I am so lousy at timing, gets me flustered, our kitchen is tiny.

ShropshireLass2019

Hi Boot

I truly understand as not everyone's into cooking, however it's a shame your having the clearing away to do!

Maybe someone should set up a clearing away Christmas Day Service ! I'm sure there's a niche there! Lol

Nighty nite

Love Trish x

Filistines

lmao :-)

ShropshireLass2019

Oh dear filly! I've not blown up egg yolks but I have boiled 6 eggs totally dry in a saucepan which then blew apart burning off the none stick lining within the pan! I guess my stupid incident wasn't as costly as buying a new microwave !🤣🤣🤣

Filistines

Dunno if I'll buy another! :-)

ShropshireLass2019

Your incident was recent then ! Whoops 🤣

Filistines

Yes, I was leaving the coffee spilt for a while as I typed! :-) such a slut! Happy Days!

ThreeSmiles

A what!! Filly - what are you like 😀. Hahahahaha - now why do I get a feeling of deja vu saying that phrase - can’t think.... 😀

Filistines

I'm gleefully like the one no one wants to go anywhere that they want to impress anyone with :-) Ho ho ho

ThreeSmiles

Hohoho indeed!! 😑

Bootandall

It's not Christmas silly goose 😁, it's our American Thanksgiving, but you get the gist. I ended up, ahem, supervising. Time to eat! With much gratitude for all of my friends in the UK and around the world. 🌍🇬🇧♥️

ShropshireLass2019

I know that Boot but here in the UK people are getting ready for crimbo... hilarious I know as it's still November! Madness in the making ...

Love Trish x

ThreeSmiles

Says she that posted a Christmas card just on this forum....?

ShropshireLass2019

Well you know me Milo, I wanted to be the first, so you could say I'm mad or is that Mad Hatter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ThreeSmiles

Both ? 😑 😀😕😑😀😕

ShropshireLass2019

Well Milo how long have we been good friends 🤔🤔! I'll leave these with you 🙄🤐🙃🤩😱🤬😋😘

Filistines

Back at ya from all of us who love you for all your sharing our good and bad times :-)

ShropshireLass2019

I second that Filly !

davianne

Trish, when your working out, your supposed to be grimacing, otherwise they'll give you something harder to do.💪💪😁😁😁

ShropshireLass2019

Lucky for me I dont require 🧘‍♀️🧘‍♂️🏋️‍♂️⛹️‍♀️⛹️‍♂️a trainer so I can get away with lots of things 😂🤩😉

ThreeSmiles

We know...... like being on your mobile 24/7 😀

ShropshireLass2019

Miles ! I've told you numerous times I'm able to multi task.... so I'm killing two birds with one stone! 🤣🤣🤣. Anyway it takes one to know one as the saying goes 😉

Ofeckman

Row me the way 2 go home?

Merely merely............dream boat. 🙄

davianne

I'll report you to the RSPB, and Mick Jagger😊😊😊

ShropshireLass2019

Very whitty David ....RSPB 🤣

Bootandall
Bootandall
in reply to davianne

Yes Trish, forgot to say, you look lovely. You're doing it wrong! Hahaha. 😘

Jaycee19