TRISH'S FUTURE SKY DIVE /HEALTH UNLOCK... - British Liver Trust

British Liver Trust
17,631 members9,066 posts

TRISH'S FUTURE SKY DIVE /HEALTH UNLOCKED HITS LAST NIGHTS COPY OF THE ' SHROPSHIRE STAR' NEWS PAPER

To those of you interested in following my future sky dive, I thought you may like to know that I've managed to get an article published in the Shropshire Star News paper last night. Unfortunately they didn't print the full story but I guess it's getting our message out there!

The article I believe you can view fully on the Shropshire Stars website. Paper dated 9th of August page 13!

Regards Trish

58 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi

Yes, I've read it !! I hope it helps you to get more sponsors, you deserve to make as much money as possible. Love and hugs Lynne xxxz

3 likes

Well Lynne this is what it's all about, raising funds for those that need it!

Love Trish xxx

2 likes

That is so true. You are doing remarkably well as you don't like heights!!. Love and hugs Lynne xxxx

Well done indeed on getting this in the newspaper ! Not only will it helpfully get you more sponsors but you are also highlighting liver disease - thank you.

regards

7 likes

It's my pleasure and I'm hoping to break my target with others help ! I must admit I'm still scared about the jump! Hopefully loads will be there to support and watch me SCREAM..... lol !

Trish

2 likes

Ooh didn’t know there was an opportunity to watch!! 🤩

1 like

Well I'm guessing so from the ground that is! Lol

1 like

Yep feet’s on the ground!

I think you should follow Jaycee's lead and change your login name, how about "Wonder Woman", or the "Bionic Woman". Or even adopt the local newspaper name, The Shropshire Star". Mind you, jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane seems a little bonkers to me. I'm sure your donor would approve as I think they'd want you to now live your life to the full.

I now have a number of songs going round in my head. The Pointer Sisters - Jump and of course Van Halen - Jump.

Well done Trish, way to go girl

5 likes

Well Richard

How the hell am I going to reply to your amazing supportive message which I must state almost made me pee my pants with a well over due giddle I desperately needed! Your my savior and THANK YOU for making me SMILE again.

I hear your the IT expert ??? Yes I like to change my name from Slaines 1952 to maybe your suggestion The Shropshire Star,' which sounds cool!

Can you send me , if you are the IT expert on how I can change this!

I've figured out how to change photos etc ! I've been into my account numerous times but cannot sort my nickname out! Help wanted !!!!

Note to others! If someone from this forum has donated to my cause this morning and left no name I thank you for your lovely donation!

Love from The Shropshire Star ❤

PS Love the Van Halen Jump song too☺️☺️☺️

1 like

Trish, I've been a bit naughty. I've noticed that your story on page 13 doesn't appear on the Shropshire Star's website. I have rang them up and have told them that I think this is a missed opportunity at you've posted up a copy of the article on here and this is after all a well respected international forum, and people can't use a link to their website and read the story online. They are looking into sort this out. So hopefully a link to the story shall soon be available for all to read.

4 likes

I have just sent an email to Ian Harvey who is the internet editor up at the Shropshire Star, so hopefully something may get done.

2 likes

Richard please keep.me updated if you hear anything. My contact is the publisher of my article who I emailed for the pdf copy late last night who replied first thing .

Hi Richard

Cheers! I did also send the PDF copy from The Shropshire Star to Louise Crook at the British Liver Trust early this morning and to the QE Hospital, both are publishing divisions. I did try loading the pdf onto the forum but it wouldnt load! Errrrr!

Unfortunately Louise is currently on holiday until mid August so I'm not sure what else I can do! Alistair at the QE wrote and thanked me!

Anyway cheers again for getting involved!

If you want a copy of my original article along with the pdf copy, then send me your email address via PM .

Kindest Regards Trish

Yes i can feel a song coming on too 'flying without wings ' westlife . Only problem is it makes me cry . I think your jumps going to make a big statement its a fantastic idea and hopefully you can beat the target by miles .xx

2 likes

I too hope I can beat it Miles

1 like

Don’t cry out loud...!

1 like

Wasnt that a hit by melissa manchester in years gone by ? .

2 likes

Yup!

1 like

ShropshireStar2019 -overdue giggle or piddle? or does giddle mean both together? Well done anyway!

2 likes

Emmmm ! That's a hard one ! Piddley Giddley Peeeeeeeeeee😅😅😅😅

Richard - Slaines is lucky enough to have not needed a donor. We hope of course she never does. But that doesn’t change the sentiment expressed!

Miles

4 likes

Hi Twosmiles ☺️☺️

Well here I go again for the second time as I lost my first reply by pressing the blummin wrong button! ERR ! Yep the horrid ERRR's

Miles, I did immediately notice Richard's possible unknown error and you being you immediately picked up on😁!

I could have replied but I took it as an error mainly because most people on this forum are either post TP or waiting a TP! Me on the other hand as you well know is under investigation for PBC which may have slipped Richard's mind.

To be perfectly honest when I first registered and wrote my first message on here , you Miles I think replied to me first with your kindness that you give to others relieving my concerns at that time which eased over the following months ! Your support with my healthy eating plan and exercise was amazing which I now thank you openly for! Yes it was you who kept me on track to losing my further weight with your supportive SOH! Oh I found an old diary with my earlier weight in! I've lost a total of 46lbs in 18 months which equals 20 bags of sugar! 😁😁😁😁

Anyway Miles,! Twosmiles😊😊 thank you for being YOU, a nice caring person to me who I will always class as my number one friend on this forum for numerous reasons! I truely thank you !

ShropshireStar 💥 signing off.

Is everyone changing names now?!

3 likes

Yours is so cute! Keep that one !😁

1 like

Yes I am very cute even if I say so myself! ❤️

1 like

Ha! Ha! Blowing your own trumpet! I like 😁😁😁 Cutie !

1 like

Cutie pie that’s me! Little cute Owlie! X

1 like

TwoSmiles 😊😊

Please no more Slaines 😣

Trishi

Who understands the meaning of 'Sent to Coventry' ? is this only a West Midlands phrase or is it known world wide?

As you can see I'm changing todays topic 😁

1 like

It depends if you are talking about Universities doesn’t it? Apparently the University of Warwick is in Coventry...

You are perfectly correct, I bow to your superior knowledge.

1 like

Lol Richard! I only pointed out what shropshirelass has told me in her former guise - not much superior knowledge there - you rascal 😁👍. <joke>

Miles

1 like

I just wanted to say, the ShropshireLass was a nice touch! 😊

1 like

I’m so excited...!

2 likes

About what ? Surely not about my dive!

1 like

No owlies auditioning for the pointer sisters 😂

2 likes

All 3 of them ? Lol 😊

1 like

Ooh you are cheeky...but I like it! 🤪

And I just can’t hide it!

1 like

Oh and another delayed reaction post 😁😁😁. Hehe. I know you’ve been cooking...or mending the car?

1 like

Nope learning to play the guitar for tonight class and private lesson Wednesday ! Delayed reaction or what as I only received replied earlier 😊😊😊

1 like

C’est moi! My delayed reaction..hang on a minute is someone calling me slow....!

Slow! Nope! ......

Saving the world....again! It’s a tough job but someone has to do it!

Well done Trish, your a Star 🌟🌟🌟, of the Shropshire variety 😁😁😁

David

1 like

Your not a bad 5 🌟 yourself! 😁

1 like

You'll be proud of me as I've just played Smoke on the Water very slowly up and down the fret in E! Lol !!!!! 😉😉😉

2 likes

Great Trish, your on the way to stardom✨✨✨✨... one of the greatest riffs🎸🎸🎸

David

1 like

Lol! I'm also practicing A D and E Cords, struggling a bit but I'll get there 😁😁😉

At least I can play Smoky with looking at the music sheet 😊😊

Hows you today?

2 likes

I always got stuck on the F chord...

2 likes

Ha! Ha! F Cord ........hehehe ! Your so funny .......

2 likes

are you taking requests? Parisienne Walkways please! Did you know I used to be in a rock band...ooh let’s start a rock band!!!🎼🎸🎹🎤🥁

3 likes

Well your not to late as this is something Davianne, Alfredthegreat and me had been discussing openly sometime back! Lol! What can you play! Davi is an ex Rock Musican and Alf plays guitar too! 😁😁😁

My guitar nick name is Rock Chick 😉😉😉beginner of course !

2 likes

Keyboards, guitar, bass and a bit of drums but vocals is my main jam.

Trish, you just wait 'till you get an electric, and get the fuzz box growl on the Smoke on the Water riff.........gives me goosebumps...🎸🎸😎😎

David

2 likes

Davi

I can dream and just mentioned this to hubby ! 😁😁😁I'm having a private lesson on Wednesday with a friend so hopefully I'll improve faster 😊😊😊

2 likes

Dear All

I thought you'd all like to know that my funds raised for the BLT and QE Hospital have just been increased by £200 bringing my total to £680 .00 and with possible gift aid £831.00 so far!

Regards Trish

You may also like...