Jaundice?: I was shaving recently and... - British Liver Trust

British Liver Trust
17,406 members β€’ 8,842 posts

Jaundice?

I was shaving recently and noticed my eyes looked yellow. Is it just me being crazy or do they really look yellow? And opionions would be helpful. Thanks.

13 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

We cant comment on these photos. Go to a doctor and get them to test your billirubin. If its in normal range than you dont have jaundice.

4 likes

Thanks for the reply. Im not looking for a diagnosis or anything...i just want to know if other people think my eyes look yellow or not.

Ask Facebook.

2 likes

As phoenix has said we are not allowed (by forum rules) to comment on photographs. None of us are medically qualified to do so plus photographs are notoriously inaccurate due to differences in light.

Only a doctor can tell you for sure whether they are or arn't jaundiced and a quick bilirubin blood test would ascertain for certain.

If you have any concerns about your liver health then go and see your doctor.

Katie

3 likes

Thanks for the reply. I have been seen medically and what not. All im looking for is other peoples opinion on if my eyes look yellow or now. Its more of a self conscious thing.

They look really yellow. Better go to the doctors 😱😱😱😱😱😱

3 likes

If you really need an answer, I vote no. I would probably ask myself , why I’m asking the question ? The Doc gave you the all clear. Are you having other problems? If not, Don’t get sucked in to all the Google health anxiety things many of us have done. You look young, Go out and be blessed with a healthy lifestyle.πŸ˜€

2 likes

They didnt look yellow in the 1st photo and they dont look yellow in the 2nd. But see what your doc thinks, thats the opinion which will matter most as they are the ones who would treat you if you have a medical problem.

2 likes

But you never know Laura they might be yellow in the third or fourth post.

3 likes

Very true

☺

You would know if your eyes were yellow and people would either have told you or you would have noticed. If you have been given the all clear regarding your liver then why are you asking? Are you going to ask us if your t-shirt goes with your jeans next?!

Personally i don't think this forum is the appropriate place to ask this especially if you've already been given a clean bill of health.

7 likes

images.app.goo.gl/9QsnAQkPp... that's a jaundiced eye for reference.

3 likes

You may also like...