British Liver Trust
14,126 members6,978 posts

Leaving this site after couple of days

I’m done people,it’s hard enough having cirrhosis but this site is doing nothing for me ,good luck to you if your getting something from it,I’m lucky I have my family who love and support me,and I couldn’t imagine what my illness would be like if I had nobody so for some I bet it’s a god send,but reading other peoples stories is a bit depressing,yes I have an illness but I don’t let it define me,I’m also tired of all social media platforms that keeps us glued to phones.so every case is different so listen to the professionals guys.and be there needs to be more positivity as well .

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Good for you , nothing will suit everybody, if you do want to join a forum or group there are plenty of others on Facbook , some much more of a community , and some where you can have a laugh !!!

2 likes

Good for you , no site will suit everyone. There are some on facebook which have more of a community feel , and some where you can a tally have a laugh ! !!

Sorry you've not found the forum to be your type of place. There are many folks for whom it has proved a lifeline in times of struggle and a place to share experiences and support. I know you've only been on board a few days and it presently doesn't fit your needs but as you progress on your journey remember it/we are still here in case you want to pop on to vent or ask any advice etc. There are plenty of positive stories on the site too but yep people are here 'cos they are ill and looking for support and that must be quite daunting when you have your own struggles. As I say, here when/if you need us again.

Katie :)

26 likes

Like you, during my darkest hours, the support of my family and a couple of friends was enough. I didn't get q involved in this site until several months past my transplant. Whilst I've never used it for emotional support, I found it great for sharing thoughts and ideas when there's something troubling me physically as often there are others going through exactly the same thing. Wishing you the best going forward.

K

12 likes

Good luck on your journey. It’s great that you have good family support. Dip in and out of the site from time to time, you may feel the need for it further down the line. Like you I have great family support but sometimes feel the need to communicate with people that are also experiencing the same fears and feelings first hand. It’s good not to be defined by your illness until you have to be so I can understand where you are coming from. Enjoy your life, this forum will always be here when you need it

8 likes

Why so negative, no one bothers with me on here but still good for info

6 likes

Don’t get it at all. Ok site isn’t for you, why announce it for everyone, so there is an outpouring of “oh no stay”. This site is about learning and supporting others, if you don’t want to do that SEE YA.

11 likes

Totally agree with you. I'm here for myself n to help ppl if I possibly can . I love this site

I'm also new on this site but I already find a lot of support and ideas about how to look or fight my illness. Don't let the other story to influence you, like you said are different from yours. But learn from them and trying to support others eaven just with a good words and sorry for them struggling, it's already a good reward for yourself...

I am very happy with this site existence. Thank you guys for all your support and guidance!

8 likes

I agree with Barnetaccounts - what other purpose could your message serve than to criticise this site? If you're in a shop and don't see anything you want, you don't announce to the assembled company that you don't like the goods you just LEAVE.

7 likes

I’m confused. I’ve found this site to be positive and uplifting. Also a wealth of information. You will be missing out.

7 likes

This is how I felt with I stepped away from MDJunctuon. Completely understand, and don't hesitate to reach out at a later date if need be. Hope all is well.

That's a shame you feel that way. I know I have learnt a great deal from this site.

There are a lot of knowledgeable,compassionate people on here.

Yes there are some sad stories but also some very good outcomes.

We have to learn about our illness,to look after ourselves. GP'S don't know a lot about liver disease and waiting times for consultants are getting longer.

Anyway take care.

5 likes

Hi if your still reading

Really glad you have that support but so do I and a lot of others on here and like most I don’t let my condition define me but chatting to people who ACTUALLY know what your going through is immensely helpful as only they can understand,from being worried why various side effects are happening,why do I feel this way,did anyone else have this, why is this happening,why me and most important to me AM NOT ALONE.hope your journey goes well and you rediscover good health and remember the site is always here if you need it no one will judge you.

Good luck

Huw

4 likes

Its the best site for liver problems i,ve personally found so far...if u know of any other sites, please let us all know.

You may also like...