Support Groups Scotland

Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy and I am the support group facilitator for the British Liver Trust in Scotland. The British Liver Trust facilitates support groups for people who are affected by liver conditions whether it be a patient themselves, their family members and carers. As we know, many people affected by a liver condition can feel very isolated and being able to speak to others and share experiences in a supportive environment can really help.

The groups consist of social and fun activities as well as sharing information and receiving support from people in similar situations. The aim of the group is to provide information and peer support but, more importantly, to break the feelings of isolation that can come with being ill. We often get guest speakers such as a liver nurse or someone from the local community to provide information for people.

If you want to keep up to date with upcoming support groups in Scotland that will be posted here please click “Follow” for this thread as all information about new groups or upcoming support group meetings will be posted here.

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Amy , this is exactly what I am looking for , have been for ages . But is there one in Birmingham 😉 Regard Linda

• Hi Millie

There are a couple of groups in the Birmingham area but they are disease specific. Have a look at this page on our website to see if there is anything suitable for you: britishlivertrust.org.uk/li...

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Carol

• Oh that's so kind of you . Thank you Carol . I will have a look .. Much appreciated . Linda

• Hi, I missed a meeting at the Hub in Falkirk as I was ill in bed, hope they notify me for the next one, x

• Hi Grankids3. Sorry to hear you missed the last meeting in Falkirk. The next meeting in Falkirk will run in January. I will notify you closer to the time when the date is set :)

• Hi BLTAmy, thanks, looking forward to next meeting, hope I can make it this time, x

• Hi All,

Our next support group in Scotland will run as follows:

Joint Family Support Group

Wednesday the 16th of November 6-8pm

Serenity Cafe Edinburgh,

8 Jackson Way, Edinburgh, EH8 8PJ

This group will offer joint support to individuals and their families affected by drugs or alcohol.

This group will also raise the awareness of liver health.

Hope to see some of ye there :)

• Will there be a second support group meeting in Glasgow Scotland at all. Last time we said may be November sometime? Thanks

• Hi Jen, Hope you are keeping well. Yes the next group in Glasgow will run on Wednesday the 23rd of November from 6-8pm. Please see details I have just posted below.

Hope to see you there :)

• Hi All,

Our next support group in Glasgow will run as follows:

Rare/Genetic Liver Condition Support Group Glasgow

Wednesday the 23rd of November 6-8pm

The Training Suite, 3rd Floor, The Connal Building, 34 West George Street,

Glasgow, G2 1DA

This group will offer joint support to individuals and their families affected a rare/genetic or autoimmune liver condition.

This group will also raise the awareness of liver health.

Hope to see some of ye there :)

• Thanks Amy. Got it 😀

You may also like...