Beautiful morning for a gentle 3k: Having... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

16,019 members β€’ 23,473 posts

Beautiful morning for a gentle 3k

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10
β€’21 Replies

Having recently succeeded in getting myself back on track, it has been a little frustrating to have been on an enforced two week break (not the IC thankfully). However this morning I laced up my trainers nice and early and headed out the door.

What a beautiful morning ....... The sun was peeking out through the early mist and although it was still a chilly 4 degrees when I set out, the birds didn't seem to be put off by the cold and they were really rocking their dawn chorus. It sounded fabulous.

I ran down the country track and into the woods, then out onto the country lane to loop back on myself, before rejoining the track towards home. By the time I passed the pond for a second time, the sun was fully out and the sky a beautiful blue.

I managed a gentle 3k and rediscovered my love for early morning runs. A win win, I think.

Happy running everyone and enjoy the sunshine πŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

21 Replies
β€’
Instructor57 profile image
Instructor57Administrator

Well done on your early morning 3k .I did a 3.5 last time out .

I think the shorter runs are really quite enjoyable πŸ˜πŸ‘

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to Instructor57

I agree, short runs are really enjoyable. I'm glad the Magic Plan includes them as I am considering rerunning the runs to help me to get back to those longer runs again. 😊

Instructor57 profile image
Instructor57Administrator in reply to Delly-dot

Forgot to say , great pictures as well πŸ˜πŸ‘

CBDB profile image
CBDBGraduate10

That looks so beautiful! What a great way to spend a morning outside. Annoyingly I had to work ☹️, but tomorrow...... πŸ€ΈπŸ€ΈπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈ

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to CBDB

Roll on tomorrow...... enjoy 😊

Timotea profile image
TimoteaGraduate10

Well done you! You must have finished LeJog by now?

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to Timotea

Oh, I don't know!!I haven't logged for a couple of weeks, mainly because I've been walking rather than running. I must catch up. Thank you for the nudge. I'll let you know where I get to......

Timotea profile image
TimoteaGraduate10 in reply to Delly-dot

Me too! Doing lots of walking and gong to do some serious Nordic Pole walking. Don’t think I will be running for a bit!

Lizcanrun profile image
LizcanrunGraduate10

Yaaaay! Sounds lovely πŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŒž

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to Lizcanrun

Thank you Liz 😊

AlMorr profile image
AlMorrGraduate10

A win win indeed for you Delly dot, that was a lovely 3K run you had this morning, my favourite time to run is also the morning even if the temperature is below freezing.

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to AlMorr

Thank you Al. I had forgotten how special early runs are. Last spring summer I ran in the morning all the time. It was nice to get back to it.

WillowandSola profile image
WillowandSolaGraduate10

What a lovely run, I too am keeping to shorter runs and really enjoying them

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to WillowandSola

Just replied to your post - great minds think alike πŸ˜‰

What a beautiful place to run 😍

dijep profile image
dijepGraduate10

That sounds and looks like a lovely run you had this morning 😊

Comfortnotspeed profile image
ComfortnotspeedGraduate10

Beautiful pics; sounds like a lovely run 🌸😊🌸

Fionamags profile image
FionamagsGraduate10

Lovely to do a short run in the sunshine accompanied by the dawn chorus. The pics are great - looks beautiful. I'm working my way back on the Magic Plan too - just about to jump onto the distance version now after getting back to 60 mins. See you there!

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to Fionamags

Well done. Im longing to get back to longer runs but they seem such a long way off. I know I can do it though so I just need to remind myself of that.

I’m not sure whether to do time or distance. Like you, I might do time then distance, which is what I did before and jumped into the distance plan at my 60 mins distance (week 4 last time I think πŸ€”). See you there! πŸ€—

Fionamags profile image
FionamagsGraduate10 in reply to Delly-dot

It won't take that long. I actually skipped from 50 mins to an hour because I was feeling good. So it will be 8k next and then if it that is OK I will go for 9k the next rather than repeat weeks. Just playing it by ear really.

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate10 in reply to Fionamags

I think I’ll be playing it by ear too. I’ve had so many runner’s hiccups this last few months I think it’s knocked my confidence a bit. Fingers crossed the next few weeks go smoothly.

You may also like...