Marcothon day 26 - only 5 days to go! - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,816 members15,475 posts

Marcothon day 26 - only 5 days to go!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Lovely 4km run through Oxford. Wasn’t sure if I would manage it as still feeling ill after the stomach thing, but feel better for it, though the 2km uphill bit was taxing today feeling fragile.

19 Replies
oldestnewest
Katnap
KatnapGraduate10

Well done Flick! It still amazes me you find the energy to keep running and posting.

Oxford streets must've kept you well distracted? 😸

🎅 Xmas Katnap 🎅

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Katnap

It’s amazing the resources you find you have when you’re doing a challenge like this. No way would I have gone out the last three days otherwise - or even believed I could have run 😊

Katnap
KatnapGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

I haven't posted yet but I did my first 10k today! 😸

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Katnap

Wow, well done!!! That first 10k is special. There will be many more x

lexi6
lexi6Graduate10

Awesome! Flick, you’re amazing, so close now. X

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to lexi6

Thank you loveLy ❤️ Yes, nearLy there! Xx

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Very well done Flick..glad you are feeling better... and please take care of you xxxx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Oldfloss

Thank you dear Floss. I will, I am. Honestly no run has made me feel worse, and except for yesterday and the day before, they have all made me feel better. Two days rest, on New Years Day then the 2nd which is my birthday, then some longer runs - need to increase my distance for my 15k charity run in April xxx

MikeJones68
MikeJones68Graduate10

Well done, Wonder Woman x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to MikeJones68

Haha x

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

Oooo, you’re a trooper FlickM3 ...fabulously done x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Mummycav

I would recommend it next year xxx

Sadie-runs
Sadie-runsGraduate10

Well done, Flick. Phew, you are doing so well and proving so resilient. I know you need to train for your April race, but maybe consider longer than just 2 days rest after the challenge? I took a week off in the summer, and came back much springier as a result! Rest is important as the training, the experts say!

Keep going. You’ve got this. 👍💪👏 xxx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Sadie-runs

Thanks Sadie ❤️ I’m going to see how I feel. All my life I’ve listened to my body, from how I tackled pregnancy, for example, to home birth and breast feeding for two years, to not fasting because it really doesn’t work for me and makes me ill, etc. This challenge has proved how resilient it is and that I can run and benefit from it when my mind said I couldn’t. I think I shall probably continue with running most days - you have to remember that I run much slower than you, so my need for breaks is not as great. Running every day has really suited me. I haven’t decided yet how I’m going to proceed, and I don’t have hard and fast rules for running.

What I have found is how amazing some people are. some are doing the challenge along with ultra marathons, or mountain running, or have been running without a break for a year or more. Not to mention those doing 12 hour shifts and so running either side of midnight to get their two days done, or are juggling work and childcare, or have horrific hangovers.

This has been such fun. Even my three ill days, I’ve benefitted for running and felt better for it. Xxx

theoldfellow
theoldfellowGraduate10

We are all very proud of you running through your tummy bug. I do think girls are better at putting up with illness than boys (like most things, I know, I know..)

How do you breath with all that traffic?

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to theoldfellow

The traffic doesn’t bother me - I can’t avoid it wherever I run, except across country in summer. Even in the Cotswolds town where I live at present, the traffic is relentless. And thank you 😊

sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10

Well done a run when you weren't feeling a 100%.

You're so close to a huge achievement, yay!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to sunshinefish

Even closer now, 3 days to go x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to sunshinefish

Thank you :)

You may also like...