Bridge to 10K
7,398 members8,899 posts

Southsea parkrun

Nice and mild with a westerly breeze today. Only 303 runners due to Christmas I guess. It was so nice to see Mr & Mrs Coddfish back after all their parkrun tourism in London and New Zealand.

The results are looking a bit confused this week but I’m sure they’ll sort it out. It wasn’t a PB for me so I’m not too fussed. Having got ahead of my friendly rival from the turning cone my new target was a 70 year old chap doing his 100th (edit 50th) run. There was a lot of cheering in our final sprint but I was a second behind him crossing the line. He was one of the people who encouraged me when I first started so it was nice to share that moment with him.

My friend walked it for the first time today, having done tail walking with me 2 weeks ago and she set a very good pace with a couple of short jogs along the way and as she crossed the finishing line in around 50 minutes. C25k starts for her in the new year.

Breakfast at the beach cafe followed, with Mr & Mrs Coddfish .

Hoping everyone else enjoyed their runs and wishing you all a Merry Christmas

35 Replies
oldestnewest

That was a quick posting! Good to be back and looking forward to the Christmas Day parkrun.

Yes posted, showered, now back to making mince pies 🥧 . I’ll be wearing my Santa outfit on Christmas Day . See you there.

What a great run Dexy5 and super running to have stayed up with someone with 100runs under their belt! And a nice thing for your friend, to now have the line in the sand, a first time, and onwards and downwards (!) from there. She’ll be so chuffed to see how her times improve during C25k - it really spurred me on!

1 like

Yes she had a bad year after breaking her wrist after falling on ice, and then being in agony with PF. This was a big step for her.

1 like

Happy Christmas Eileen! Glad you enjoyed another Parkrun! 😊🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🎄❤️⭐️

Thanks Melinda, I was glad to get 3 runs in again this week so it helped oil the wheels. I even snook off and ran on my own on Sunday. It was lovely for a change. Merry Christmas to you and yours too. Hope you get some nice running pressies. 🏃‍♀️🎄🎅🏻❤️

1 like

Merry Christmas! 😸

Wishing you and UpTheStanley happy and safe festive running.

🎅 Xmas Katnap 🎅

1 like

Oh thanks Katnap, who’d have thought I would want to run on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to you too. Have a fun time with TailChaser and kittens 😸🦆🐱🐱

2 likes

Happy Christmas to you Dexy & to UpTheStanley.

Funnily enough our Parkrun was really busy today, we had just over 400. Last week it was under 300. Maybe they were all going shopping afterwards? Loads of 50th runs too (we were behind someone towing large ‘50th’ balloons and in danger of being bashed for a short while 😂). No Christmas Day Parkrun for us unfortunately but we’re touristing next Saturday then a New Years Dayer. All the Christmas excess will be burnt off in no time 😀😀😀

Have a fab time 🎄🤗🎄😀

1 like

You too TC. Enjoy your family get together.

When I get to 50 runs it will definitely be celebrated with balloons and fancy dress ! A while to go yet though.

Enjoy 🎄🎅🏻🦆❤️

1 like

Well done to you Dexy! 🎅🏻🎄🏃‍♀️ Amazing that folk are managing to fit Parkruns in at this busy time of the year. I did manage three runs this week (somehow), will I next week? Not at all sure, don't want to abandon my guests. Have a lovely Christmas!

1 like

Luckily one of our guests does parkrun, and her mum and dad like to see the sea on Christmas Day. I’ll be on 2 runs over the next few weeks too. Have a wonderful time with your guests 61+ and enjoy your pressie from Santa 🎅🏻🎄🍾🥂

Seasons greetings to you Dexy5, this morning I set my Smartphone on for Mapmywalk and walked 10k in 1 hour 40 minutes, perhaps sometime soon I'll try to run it as its all off road.

Once again Merry Christmas 🤶 🎄

1 like

That sounds like a good walk Al. I hope you have a lovely Christmas too.

Merry Xmas Dexy, well done on another Parkrun completed.

1 like

No 23 ticked. Have a great time while you are back for Christmas too.

1 like

Awesome! Yes, I’m making the most of it! Great Parkrun today!

1 like

Brilliant Dexy! Wishing you and your family a fabulous Christmas. 🎅🏻🎄🥂🥳🏃🏻‍♀️😍

1 like

And you too Ripcurl. Happy healthy running in 2019.

1 like

Sounds lovely. How nice that you could finish with the chap who has been encouraging you. Have a great holiday!

1 like

Merry Canadian Christmas to you too SaskAlliecat. Enjoy that snow ⛄️🎅🏻🎄

1 like

Will do 😊. A lot has melted with our most recent warm stint, but we are hoping for lots in the next week as we head off for a week of snowmobiling and skiing . There is a bit in the forecast 👏❄️🌨☃️

1 like

Wonderful ❄️❄️☃️❄️⛄️

1 like

Sounds good Dexy, particularly to finish with your previous supporter. Lovely weather - a good one 'up north' at Portsmouth Lakeside too (PB for me).

Merry Christmas to you and UTS

1 like

Thanks. Well done on your PB JonathanP and have fun over the holidays.

1 like

Sounds like fun Dexy! Glad you had a good time today - but really, does anyone ever not enjoy parkrun?! ❤️

I did Ashton Court today with its monster 2.5k hill, and I LOVED it! Bonkers! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Have a great Christmas! 🎄🎄🎄

1 like

Apparently not everyone does cheekychipmunks, but I really look forward to Saturdays. Well done on yours, I’ve seen the balloon fiesta there, definitely hilly. Merry chrimbo to you too. 🏃‍♀️🎄🎅🏻

1 like

Oh well, can’t please them all! Happy running over the festive period if you have any planned. 🏃‍♀️🎄😀

1 like

Merry Christmas to you and UpTheStanley Dexy! 🎅🏻 Sounds like an exciting park run today, great that you overtook your friendly rival early on 👍 I was also surprised how mild it was out there this morning - very enjoyable.

Good luck to your friend starting out on her C25K journey great stuff! ⚡️👏

And the same to you and your family ThundersSloth.

We were running together talking but the volunteer at the cone wanted to wish her a Merry Christmas so I took advantage of the situation. 😂.

I may well be a running buddy for some runs in the new year , it will be strange to do c25k again.

Great post Dexy! Your parkrun sounds like a lovely place to be! 🤩🙌

Well done on your super run!👌

Hope you have a fantastic Christmas! 🎄🏃‍♀️🙌

1 like

And you dreams. 🎅🏻🎄⛄️

1 like

Sounds great Dexy5...nice pic too... have a lovely Christmas x

And you Mummycav. Just read your hairdresser post. What is this magic that makes us think running is more important that having our hair done? 🏃‍♀️👏👏🎄🎅🏻❤️

I know, what the heck??? Its proper serious stuff that...🤣🤣

You may also like...