Marcothon day 22: Day 22 done. I was hoping to... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,439 members11,562 posts

Marcothon day 22

Day 22 done. I was hoping to do some more longer runs before the end of the challenge, but if I continue to be this fatigued, it’s looking doubtful. Legs like lead and sooo tired, though I did do some hilly bits. I don’t think two nights with long periods lying awake is helping my energy levels. But it’s done. Also have a confession to make: I forgot to wash my kit and had run out so had to fish thermal top and running knickers out of the dirty washing.

More photos of Bliss Mill on this glorious, sparkling morning.

18 Replies
oldestnewest

A bit stinky but still very inspiring!! Yes more sleep for everyone would be a good thing.Good luck with the challenge.You're fab!

1 like

Haha, they weren't too bad as it was a slow short run yesterday and i didnt really sweat :)

And thank you x

1 like

Keep on going Flick!! You can do this. There's no harm or shame in doing the shorter runs rather than all long runs. They all count, and you are amazing for doing this challenge. Hopefully the sleep will come easier/last longer/be better tonight.

You got this! x

1 like

Thank you. It was a nice shorter run and my VO2 Max has climbed again - but i do enjoy the longer runs for their scenic value, and because you can settle into an easy, meditative pace x

You're not alone in getting dirty running kit out of the wash to wear again 😭 no one knows!

Well done on day 22!! Brilliant. Has your appetite increased?

1 like

Thank you, and yes, I’m eating everything and losing weight! X

1 like

The sunrise was glorious this morning.

Happy running! 😸

1 like

Yes it was, brilliant with light after the recent rain 😊❤️

1 like

You're still going Flick, that's the main thing.

Bliss Mill looks wonderful too in the morning sun

1 like

Yes I am determined to finish 😊

Bliss Mill is lovely x

1 like

Cracking shots Flick, think you’re being smart with shorter runs - no point spending months on the IC. I’m loving the idea of losing weight - so maybe I’ll try this next year and build slowly. 🤔

1 like

Honestly I have zero aches and pains, I never do beyond the occasional tight calves, and it amazes me given how badly damaged my leg was all those years ago. No, what’s keeping my runs short is fatigue. It’s happened for a couple of days the last two weeks of the challenge. If it lifts, as it did last week, I shall run further, if it doesn’t, then I’ll keep ticking over with the minimum 25 minute runs x

1 like

Lovely building that flick! Is the snoring keeping you awake again?

Running in dirty knickers lady! Airing your dirty washing on here, Won't go there!😁

Merry Christmas!

1 like

No, he barely snores at all now he’s retired! 😊

Haha, they were pretty clean having been worn for a slow 25 minute run in the cold 😂

Merry Christmas to you too 🎄 🎄🎄

1 like

Well done Flick! Running every day for a month is enough of a challenge - I’d not worry too much about long distances too! 😃🏃‍♀️❤️

(Ermmm, as for wearing running stuff out of the wash basket, I’m more shocked to discover the rest of you only run in stuff once then wash it! 😳

I always wear mine at least twice, and dry it on a drying rack in between! Sometimes it does 3 runs if I’ve not been sweating much...🙃❤️)

1 like

Ah, your dastardly secret is out! I’m not a sweaty smelly person in general, but I have to admit there is a slight sweaty whiff from my running gear most days. It’s those hilly runs!

If I’m still tired I will do the minimum - no choice as nothing in the tank. If my energy picks up again as it did last week then I will venture further just for the variety x

1 like

My summer run gear would often only get worn once (especially with how hot we were this summer) but with the cooler runs, I've been known to recycle some of my run gear between washes. There's less people around on my runs to smell me anyways 😆.

Great job on the Marcothon Flick! You've got this in the bank being on the homeward stretch! Shorter runs are A-ok! You do what you got todo to keep this amazing running streak going! Hats off to you!

1 like

Haha I’m glad I’m not the only one recycling running gear 😂

I’m so pleased I did this challenge. It’s been a real adventure with some truly memorable runs x

1 like

You may also like...