Marcothon day 21 - Winter Solstice run at th... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,553 members15,036 posts

Marcothon day 21 - Winter Solstice run at the Rollrights

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Kate and I had our Solstice run at the Rollrights Stones with a stunning sunset and a huge full moon. It was absolutely magical. As we left, people were assembling for a ritual to celebrate the longest night and the rebirth of the sun.

I was very tired and weighted down with Danish pastries and vegan sausage rolls (never a good idea before a run - urgh!). Photos of me show my bandaged knee rather well! The other photo is Kate doing run 3 week 9 of c25k. But altogether a memorable and inspiring run.

28 Replies
oldestnewest
AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate10

Congratulations to Kate for doing run 3 of week 9 and graduating from C25K 🎓. Happy Solstice Say to you Flick, well done for completing day 21 of your marcothon

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to AlMorr

Thanks all round. We had a wonderful run

MikeJones68
MikeJones68Graduate10

Great going, young Flick. Beautiful photos too 😊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to MikeJones68

Thank you Mike x

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate10

Happy Winter Solstice! Reflect and connect ❤️🌝 The moon was beautiful, I lay on my back on the sofa for ages watching it ~ let the light in 😊 Congrats on day 21!! X

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Flaraflarkin

Yes indeed, the days will increase now. and thank you x

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

The days already have increased where I live in Scotland, I.E. from 11th to 18th December the sun set at 3.41pm, today 21 December the sun set at 3.43pm.

Slinkymalinki
SlinkymalinkiGraduate10

Beautiful solstice pics. It sounds like you both had a lovely run. How auspicious to finish C25K on the solstice - congratulations to Kate!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Slinkymalinki

It was wonderful - the energy there was phenomenal

Katnap
KatnapGraduate10

There's a nice vibe at the Rollrights. A fantastic way to celebrate the point where the length of daylight starts to increase again 😸

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Katnap

The energy was increased by about a thousand last night

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

Well Done Flick and Kate, how lovely to have clear weather for the solstice. Longer days , shorter nights , hooray 😀

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Dexy5

And what a lovely evening, with the setting sun and the rising full moon x

sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10

What a great place to do your winter solstice run, and your friend to do her final c25k!

Hope your knee isn't too painful, and good luck with the rest of the Macronthon!

I can't wait for the days to get longer!! We finished early today and it was so nice to come home in daylight.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to sunshinefish

Knee is fine. Skinny jeans are falling off because I've list so much weight, and calves are bulging :) Spring running is just around the corner :) x

sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

Hurrah for toning up and spring being around the corner! It's gorgeous here today, sunshine and just the right temp to run in a long sleeve top. Happy days!

lexi6
lexi6Graduate10

Beautiful - Flick. Lovely celebration and well done Kate. Have just got home from an antipodean barbecue celebrating summer solstice hosted by my vegan stepdaughter and our lovely grandies, amazing food and company. Granddaughter and partner heading to UK wwoofing next year. If you are reading this give em a job please.

Now rest lovely lady you haven’t got long to go, easy does it xx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to lexi6

Yes, happy summer solstice. i tutor for British Druid Order and have some Aussie students, and it's always interesting to hear their upside down festival accounts, and how different the energies of the land are there.

Wish i could give your littleuns work x

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10

I love the Rollwrights! What a great solstice celebration Flick We’re going to do a bit of whasaling tonight with friends 😁👍

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Equi-geek

Ive never been a waasailing :)

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

It’s a very mellow evening, and quite reflective and thankful. A friend organises it and leads the evening, we dowse the earth with cider and everything (sometimes even deliberately!). Very cleansing!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Equi-geek

wonderful x

Empem
EmpemGraduate10

Lovely post.I was singing for the Solstice last night at the Abbey Sutton Courtenay.We had a great bonfire and watched the bright sky.How wonderful to be on the hills at evening time.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

How strange. My friend Kate is in a choir and was singing there the night before . We’re both Pagan, but she said what an amazing energy it has there x

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

Well done to Kate, she’s doing brill...I love love love the photos and the sound of this perfect run?! Just stunning....happy Christmas you amazing lady you xx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Mummycav

I’ll pass that on to Kate 😊 and a merry Xhristmas to you too lovely Bevlar ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

Awww feeling the love here FlickM3 ....hope you've had a lovely day my sweet xx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Got running gear from my lovely daughter ClarkeyCat (Rosie) and a running book so very happy xxx merry Christmas Bev 🎄🎄❤️

You may also like...