Marcothon (run every day in December) day 16: - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,661 members15,122 posts

Marcothon (run every day in December) day 16:

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Day 16 done. Over halfway!

I was fooled by the dry streets in the town and nearly went over twice when I got onto the country roads. I was running at walking pace along the rough edge of the road for much of the run to avoid almost invisible stretches of thin ice.

But a glorious morning along the roof of the world. The earth energies are rising as we approach the Solstice and there is a strong sense of connection with the land. Part of this route goes along what must be an ancient footpath over a field - I say ancient because there is a tangible feel of feet crossing it going back over the centuries. Sometimes when I run it, I go into what I can only describe as a zen like feeling that I’m one with the landscape, and that happened today.

How blessed I am to be doing this challenge. It’s motivated and inspired me so much. It’s my first Marcothon but it won’t be my last.

Onwards and upwards.

31 Replies
oldestnewest
MutleyShuffle
MutleyShuffleGraduate10

Awesome! 😁 What a stunning landscape! Well done on getting over halfway, you are amazing! Sounds like you had a magical run today 😊🏃💪 xx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to MutleyShuffle

it is certainly beautiful round here. and thanks :) Though if I can do it, anyone can, as long as they have been running around a year or so x

MutleyShuffle
MutleyShuffleGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

But you've actually gone out there and done it, and with style!! Be proud! 😁

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to MutleyShuffle

Its hard to describe the sense you get when you run every day. Pride doesn’t come into it - it’s very primal, you become much more immersed in your body and it’s processes. It really is a wonderful thing to do xx

Slinkymalinki
SlinkymalinkiGraduate10

Stunning! Here's hoping your solstice run will be as beautiful and powerful as this one.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Slinkymalinki

I'll be going to the Rollrights to accompany my friend on her graduation run from c25k. I'm really looking forward to it! x

Slinkymalinki
SlinkymalinkiGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

Ooooh! I did a detour through these villages once - soooo lovely!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Slinkymalinki

Certainly a pretty part of the world x

SaskAlliecat
SaskAlliecatGraduate10

What a gorgeous way to start the day!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to SaskAlliecat

Running every day has been W revelation. So many lovely things to see and I feel so grounded and alive x

SaskAlliecat
SaskAlliecatGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

I am so glad it is working out for you. Perhaps someday I'll be able to try a run streak; with my current schedule, it would add to my stress too much, but it sure seems to be working for you!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to SaskAlliecat

I have the advantage of not going out to work. Mind you, some people doing the challenge are juggling work and childcare, or transatlantic flights etc. I don’t know how they do it. There have been some amusing time zone conundrums.

SaskAlliecat
SaskAlliecatGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

It's the on-call that gets me. I was at work until 5am this morning then back to work at 10:30 am with very little sleep. When I'm on call I don't like to venture too far in case I have to go in at a moment's notice so often don't run or keep it super short. Retirement will bring a whole new world to my running, but I'm a good 10+ years away from that. Oh well. I love getting out when I do and have some holiday time coming up over Christmas so should get some good runs in hopefully. You're doing so well with this streak though. It really seems to suit you.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to SaskAlliecat

I can see how that would be a problem - a good case for a treadmill ( though they are works of the devil!). Anyway, you do awesome hilly cross country runs and go out in sub zero temperatures! X

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Beautiful...what a run..what a location..well done you..and all aiming for that Solstice run...you are an inspiration...xxx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Oldfloss

Coming from you, that’s s massive compliment xxxx

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator
in reply to FlickM3

Xxxx

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate10

Congratulations Flick on getting to just over half way on your marcothon, I have been following your progress all the way, that ice you could not see this morning is called 'black ice' can cause serious road accidents, I am glad that you enjoyed your run and did not fall, yes, almost the winter solstice and after that the days slowly get longer. 😊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Thanks Alan. It’s been a wonderful journey and has convinced me of the merits of daily running

sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10

Oh wow Flick, what a run! Glad it's got you so motivated. And even more glad you didn't slide over (I had a few narrow misses today!)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

The last two runs have been memorable. Yep, I nearly went down twice! Scary

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10

Great run again Flick. Life affirming stuff by the sound of it....😊

Why is it called Marcothon by the way, its puzzling me😉xxx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Bluebirdrunner

It began with a bloke called Marco deciding to run every day in December, in Scotland. It caught on and mushroomed. There are still a lot of Scottish runners and they post in broad Scottish dialect, which is hilarious but interesting. But there are people taking part all over the world now xx

UpTheStanley
UpTheStanleyGraduate10

Time for my once-a-week "Go Flick Go" :-)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to UpTheStanley

That made me chuckle 😊

Hidden
HiddenGraduate10

Beautiful pics Flick😍 & amazing run!🙌

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Hidden

Thank you ❤️😊

lexi6
lexi6Graduate10

Just Wow! carefully as you go, Flick x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to lexi6

thank you. I will be very cautious. It was invisible ice so took me by surprise. The streets in the town were dry so i didn't expect ice out in the countryside xx

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10

What a lovely write up Flick - well done for making it halfway! I'll be able to try running consecutive days by the middle of next year if I stay off the IC, so I'll look forward to doing one of these challenges!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Equi-geek

Fingers crossed for you. It's been a wonderful thing to do x

You may also like...