Marcothon run every day in December day 10 - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,521 members โ€ข 11,905 posts

Marcothon run every day in December day 10

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
โ€ข18 Replies

Into double figures. After feeling knackered yesterday, today I loved the run: out in the dawn for a very slow 9k, two thirds of it off road with a lot of narrow paths and mud. Nearly went onto my backside twice. Down the salt way again at one point, with a rabbit dashing across in front of me and a buzzard flying overhead. Several other ancient paths as well. The farmer got very excited when I photographed his tractor. And what is a primrose doing blooming before Christmas.

Am loving this challenge ๐Ÿ˜Š

18 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Wizziewood
WizziewoodGraduate10

Oh Flick, you're brilliant! 10 days now ... well done!

I always love reading your posts even though I don't always get time to reply.

Keep running, keep writing and keep smiling!

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Wizziewood

Aw thanks xxx itโ€™s 11 days in reality. I did 7k the day before then saw the challenge. Next year I will rest the day before! X

2 likes
Crawlhome
CrawlhomeGraduate10

Great work Flick, I'm so impressed with your determination to continue with the daily runs.

Is it mild there too? I'm in the South West where there are trees in blossom and daisies and dandelions in the grass!

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Crawlhome

Thank you!

It was mild the last few days, a bit colder today. There are primroses blooming a few doors away. 6 degrees this morning when I ran, and the rain has stopped at last! For now! We are up on top of a hill though, so we get the worst of the weather.

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10

Great run today Flick...not just the bare minimum run either but over 9k!

You do seem to be loving it, it does sound exhausting, but you seem envigorated. Actually I did every other day last month and that was good ( no 9k runs amoungst those though!๐Ÿ˜†)

Keep up the great work, you are a ๐ŸŒŸ

๐Ÿ˜Šxx

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Bluebirdrunner

You are lovely ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™m actually less tired than when I was running 3-5 times a week. It makes me realise how much of tiredness Is in the mind and is actually canโ€™t be bothered in disguise.

I wanted to do a 10k today but ran out of places to run. Even then I had to run back and forth at the end to make up the last km. Here, especially in winter, itโ€™s a 7/8k run or a 20k one if you donโ€™t want to go round in circles.x

1 like
lexi6
lexi6Graduate10

You are incredible Flick! Lovely photos and amazing run, youโ€™re doing so well. I was feeling very happy with my 3.5k this morning and really hope one day I will be able to run a 9k as effortlessly as you do. Just brilliant! X

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Thank you Lexi :) The secret is to go at a nice easy pace so that you aren't really out of breath even at the beginning. I also stopped to take photos, which gave me a few seconds breather each time - though I don't always do photo stops on a run. x

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10

Great photos Flick! Glad you are enjoying the challenge! ๐Ÿค—

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Thank you and Iโ€™m loving it x

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Administrator

Wonderful, I love the pics :)

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to ju-ju-

Thank you. One of my most enjoyable runs. I love going off road x

UpTheStanley
UpTheStanleyGraduate10

Go Flick Go :-)

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to UpTheStanley

Out again for day 11 later. Resting up first after yesterdayโ€™s run and it will be the minimum today ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like
sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10

Awesome! And much more than the 25 mins/3 miles minimum. It sounds like you have a lovely area to run in too.

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to sunshinefish

Thank you. Some people on the challenge are doing ultra marathons - impressed the hell out of me! And on a nice day, itโ€™s amazing here, though limited in winter when livestock make the gates impassable

1 like
sunshinefish
sunshinefishGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

Ultra marathons!!! Wow. Hope this cold and non wet spell continues for your running.

1 like
FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to sunshinefish

I hope so too, though I think we're going into Oxford today so i shall run there x

You may also like...