Bridge to 10K
7,983 members9,745 posts

Marcothon run every day in December challenge: day 9

Keeping my friend Kate company again for c25k, r3/w7, me running backwards and forwards.

It was chucking it down earlier for walking the dogs, but sunny though very windy by the time we ran. We went along the salt way, (I’m standing by one of the signs). As I’ve mentioned before, it’s an ancient trackway, part of a series of salt routes from the salt mines in Derbyshire to London. Some of them date back to Neolithic times.

Knackered today- the wind kept me awake all night, so I was very slow. My legs were like lead and my body felt heavy as a sack of spuds. Lots of people on the Marcothon Facebook page are complaining of tiredness and heavy legs, so I’m guessing it’s one of those points in the challenge. Mind you, plenty of them were running with hangovers, or up Scottish mountains, or both!

I have to say running every day is grand. I look forward to my runs, my body is bearing up, this is the first day I’ve felt at all tired, and my Garmin tells me my training load is productive.

24 Replies
oldestnewest

You're an inspiration Flick! I'm seriously thinking of trying Marcothon next year.

You're doing so well!

1 like

It’s a lot of fun, improves your running fitness and joining the Facebook group really helps, as it’s good to support each other and see everyone’s photos. There are people from all over the world taking part.

Yep, you're definitely selling it to me!

1 like

It’s one of the most inspirational things I’ve ever done 😊

1 like

Looks like a gorgeous run and rather special, I think, to be running along such an ancient trail in the footsteps of our ancestors. Haven't heard of a Marcothon before, now I'm intrigued - sounds like a great idea and a good challenge. You are one strong woman, best of luck continuing with it!

1 like

Yes, it’s a magical stretch of path. Most of the footpaths and byways round here have an ancient feel.

Honestly, I couldn’t have done this even two months ago. I’ve been running 14 months now, and a year seems to be the turning point. My muscles are still forming and my body still adapting. But I’m totally in awe of the people doing the challenge alongside work and school run, or with a baby in a buggy, or some of the business people doing it with a couple of flights a week to other countries. Or hungover!

1 like

How lovely that you can combine your run with your friend doing c25k Flick. it looks like you had as lovely weather as we did. I love the long shadows of winter, just so funny looking at those long legs.

1 like

How odd, I replied to this already and it’s vanished.

It was a spot of windy sunshine between bouts of rain and grey sky. We timed the run just right, inadvertently 😊

1 like

You are doing great Flick, amazing! and what a gorgeous place to run x

1 like

Thank you 😊 it’s a special place x

Well done Flick! Loving the photos and those rainbow leggings! 😃🏃‍♀️❤️

1 like

Ah yes, they are called dragon scale. I love them 😊 x

1 like

Kudos to you on this challenge Flick. As much as I'd love to run a streak, there is no way I could run every day. You're doing great!

1 like

You physically could. I didn’t think I could but I’m amazed at how each run seems to generate the energy for the next, and if you aren’t up to a long run, you only have to do the minimum 25 minutes or 3 miles. What does amaze me is that some people are doing marathons and ultra marathons in the middle of it!

2 likes

No way! There are some awesome runners out there.

You included! 😸

🎅Xmas Katnap🎅

1 like

Really inspiring FlickM3, I have read a couple of your posts and they have me hooked, will be looking out for them daily now! Going to look up Marcothon now too!

1 like

It’s an inspiring challenge, well worth considering for next year, though if you miss a day you are out, but other than that you are running for yourself with support from other participants x

1 like

Had a quick look, I wonder how many will do every day until the end?? I think I would end up missing one day where we would be travelling/meeting family.

But it does look absolutely awesome and a good supportive community.

Great job FlickM3!

1 like

People are trans Atlantic commuting and still managing it. It would be possible to do the minimum 25 minutes I would think. 😊 x

1 like

Now that's dedication!!! I will look into it for next year. Do you use the forums/fb and find it's supportive? I imagine with this challenge a bit of support goes a long way!

1 like

Yes I do. It's very supportive - if someone feels like they're too tired or doesn't feel like running, people give a lot of support and encouragement and it seems to work. It's also really interesting seeing people's posts with photos of where they ran, though not everybody posts and some people only post every few days. i find writing up the run and posting pics helps consolidate what I'm doing and encourages others - as they encourage me.

1 like

That's good! It takes some dedication to run every single day!

1 like

Beautiful photos Flick. Glad you are enjoying your running streak 😊

1 like

Thank you x

You may also like...