Marcothon run every day in December day 6 - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,816 members15,475 posts

Marcothon run every day in December day 6

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Day 6 done. Still trying to do a longer run. Mic (Mr I dont Snore) drove me into Oxford so that I could run along the tow path into the centre, then back via Christchurch Meadow and Headington Hill. Didn't happen as roadworks meant it was impossible to get to the right starting point: so a shorter run through University Parks then up the hill. Running in University Parks is embarrassing for an old lady in her 70s, with all the young college blokes charging past and disappearing over the horizon, staring at their Garmins as they go, trying to beat their PR.

Raining again too. Long slow climb at the end of the run, going on for 2km.

Legs heavy when I started out today - I find running on the flat hard work as most of my runs are up and downhill, and I'm a bit tired after 7 straight days running - but got to the 4k mark and could have kept going much further.

20 Replies
oldestnewest
Irishprincess
IrishprincessGraduate10

Is that snow? Good grief, it's very mild here. So far.

There's absolutely nothing embarrassing about you running anywhere. You're a wonder, just flaunt it 🤗🤗

Well done Flick x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Irishprincess

Lol, not snow. Are you viewing on a phone? It’s foam on the water by a weir. 12 degrees in Oxford today.

It was kind of tongue in cheek embarrassed. TBH I don’t think they notice anyone but themselves and their time and pace. And thank you lovely x

Irishprincess
IrishprincessGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Hahah 😂 No, on an iPad. But it really looks like snow!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Irishprincess

😂 ‘‘tis foamy

Joy57
Joy57Graduate10 in reply to FlickM3

I thought it was snow at first as well 😄

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Joy57

Lol so much for my photographic skills and photography training 😂

Joy57
Joy57Graduate10 in reply to FlickM3

No - so much for my rubbish powers of observation 😄

Tartancat
TartancatGraduate10

Well done Flick. It's lovely to run somewhere new, but I know what you mean about it being hard work running on the flat. Going uphill may be hard, but you have the coasting downhill to compensate!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Tartancat

Ah, not new as I lived there and have run there before, but a welcome change. I just looked at last time I ran it and I was five minutes faster this time x

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10

Well done Flick... I thought it was snow too! 😊xxx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Bluebirdrunner

Thank you - and aaagh to the snow! 😂xxx

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate10

I just looked at the photo again - yep, definitely snow Flick! 😅😅

Well done on your fabulous run. 👏👏 You’re definitely making great progress! 😀👍🏃‍♀️👊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to cheekychipmunks

Bah! snow! I'm loving this running every day. Energised and legs are holding up fine.

theoldfellow
theoldfellowGraduate10

All those healthy young male runners are coming up behind you thinking: 'why is this fantastically dressed chick running so slow?', then as they pass and realise that you are not, despite the great view from the rear, of their generation, they think 'I hope my GF looks that good when she's 45.'

❤👏👣

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to theoldfellow

haha, I do still get whistled and shouted at, but these were too self absorbed to even know i was there.

orangeguy
orangeguyGraduate10

Well done Flick 👍:) I'm very impressed . . . some nice montaging going on there again I see :)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to orangeguy

Thank you. I’ve done day 7 now. I’m getting very energised from running every day. I use PS Express now for Montage. I used to shove them in Photoshop and do it all by hand, but this is quicker from the phone

orangeguy
orangeguyGraduate10

You're doing great, I shall be following your updates 👍👏 :)

Deals1
Deals1Graduate10

U are doing great! 🏃🏃🏃

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Deals1

thank you - its a revelation how exciting it is running every day

You may also like...