Marcothon day 3: No, I won't be reporting... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,545 members15,029 posts

Marcothon day 3

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

No, I won't be reporting every day :)

This was going to be a long run, but stupid woman, I forgot my inhaler: not a good idea in a place where every run involves hills. After two long slow 1k climbs, I turned round and came home.

I'd decided to run out along the Worcester road, which is very hilly, like an undulating snake of a road mile after mile. It was absolutely chucking it down too, and once more my running jacket just let the water straight through. It didn't help that various vehicles were parked in lay-bys going out of the town, so I had to detour off the path and into oncoming traffic three times. I was splashed by cars too. Lorry drivers are lovely - I've experienced this frequently - they drive right round so they don't spray you with petrol-saturated muddy water.

On a fine day, there would have been a gorgeous view for miles, but it was closed in by lowering clouds, though this meant I was able to give all my attention to the footpath, which was a mess of leaves and large twigs. I ran for 2k then headed back. However, I was able to detour down Toy Lane: I've been curious about it since seeing a house there on Rightmove before we moved here. It was really nice actually, several houses on a steep lane with fields behind. Then the slog back up the steep hill to the main road again, where I ran on the road, leaping onto the verge every 30 seconds to let a car past.

Then off down the lane to Bliss Mill - photographed in the rain today so no nice reflections. There were a lot of disgruntled dog walkers with saturated pooches coming off the common.

So back home to strip out of saturated clothes, pack my running shoes with newspaper, then have a hot bath.

It had stopped raining by the time we took our dogs out, thank goodness.

I thought I would be knackered running every day, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

17 Replies
oldestnewest
MikeJones68
MikeJones68Graduate10

I ran nearly every day in September and the difference to my fitness was amazing. The biggest difference was that I found myself hardly out of breath after a 6k. Unfortunately it was shortly after that when my foot went twang, so I've been reduced to 2 or 3 runs a week since mid October......

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to MikeJones68

I'm certainly feeling exhilarated, though I haven't done a longer run yet.

Heck, I hope my foot doesn't go twang! I do think the fact I'm relatively slow is why I haven't had twanging feet yet, though I really wish i could run faster as its so exciting.

MikeJones68
MikeJones68Graduate10
in reply to FlickM3

I was fine doing the "usual" pace of around 5:00/km with our pace changes. It was doing Park Run at a constant fast pace that brought on the Plantar Fasciitis :(

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to MikeJones68

ouch, not good.

MutleyShuffle
MutleyShuffleGraduate10

That sounds like hard work, running in the rain, no inhaler and all that car-dodging! Great that you feel so good for it - onwards and upwards! 😊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to MutleyShuffle

Thank you 😊 needs must. Onwards and upwards and downwards and upwards - that’s Cotswold running for you!

Deals1
Deals1Graduate10

Well done! Running everyday is a great challenge!!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Deals1

Thank you. So far its easier than i expected. no excuses, if you miss a day you are out, so its very motivating :)

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate10

So glad you're enjoying your dailies!! Bliss Mill & Toy Lane ~ it just sounds adorable! I've got visions of Noddy and Bagpuss living there 🤗

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Flaraflarkin

the other side of Chippy is Fairytale Farm

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate10
in reply to FlickM3

Too cute!!😍

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

Well Done Flick, is running everyday a way to celebrate your year of being a runner? I don’t think it’s recommended for us newbies.

It must be hard running on those roads and getting sprayed, but a hot bath at the end is something to look forward to. 🏃‍♀️👏👏

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Dexy5

I needed some motivation. Like Bev - Mummycav - my mojo was struggling a bit, in my case largely through lack of sleep, so i thought this would help ... and it has. it's not far into the month, but so far I feel really good on it :)

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10
in reply to FlickM3

I hope sleep and mojo come back soon . 🤗

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Dexy5

they are both back - though the sleep is a bit broken. honestly, running every day is making me feel fabulous so far. I've run 4 consecutive days (I did a run the day before the challenge) and its proving really easy, despite forgetting my inhaler yesterday and cutting the run short at 5k x

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10

Oooh Flick you had much more rain than me yesterday for your run....💧💧🛀

I hope it gets colder and drier so that the rest of your December are nicer...or does the cold air make your asthma worse?

Running everyday is a fantastic challenge in itself so don't stress about distance, little but often and feeling great sounds ideal😊xxx

*post everyday if you want to too!😉

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10
in reply to Bluebirdrunner

It was icy this morning instead, which is not good as I run along flooded roadside paths, so I waited till this afternoon. I’m not asthmatic as such, apparently, but reactive to certain things: some aerosole sprays, cigarette smoke, one of my dog!!!! But the cold does actually make my breathing worse. Anyway, another 5k and day 4 in the bag today xxx

You may also like...