Day 1 of Marcothon 2018: Run every day in... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,853 members15,617 posts

Day 1 of Marcothon 2018

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Run every day in December, minimum 25 minutes or 3 miles a day, whichever comes first. (the day I manage 3 miles in 25 minutes, unicorns will be arriving!!!). There is a Facebook group and a Strava group for it if anyone wants to join in. People from all over the world do it. I'm going to give it a good go and hope lack of sleep doesn't stop me.

Absolutely chucking it down today. I soon discovered that the person who I bought my windproof, water resistant jacket from on eBay must have compromised the waterproofing by washing it, because five minutes into the run I was soaked literally down to my skin. Slow today to avoiding slipping on wet leaves and pavements, though i wore my trail shoes again, so the grip wasn't too bad. Just cautious, me! But, you know what, it's exhilarating running in the rain.

Hope I manage the whole month. Watch this space :)

48 Replies
oldestnewest
GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator

Well done Flick, I still can't consider running every day, just feels too much to fit into every day. I hope you succeed, will be a good excuse to get some headspace over the holidays! 🤣😉 my current schedule has me running Christmas Day... 👍

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to GoGo_JoJo

I’m lucky in that I don’t go out to work, so fitting in running is easy 😊 I shall have to run Christmas Day as well. X

GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator in reply to FlickM3

I'm away so am considering running to the top of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh for the big day... 👍😁 we can run together... actually that's an idea... let's see how many we can get out on Christmas Day. C25K Christmas Crush...🤣😁

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to GoGo_JoJo

Wow would love to run there! Yrs let’s all get Christmas running 😊❤️

Sqkr
Sqkr in reply to GoGo_JoJo

Running up/round/next to (depending on weather and amount of effort required) Arthur's Seat is the best, it's my local running route 😁

theoldfellow
theoldfellowGraduate10

Now that IS a mountain to climb, 5Km every day, including Boxing Day? Phew! I feel exhausted just thinking about it. But all good wishes for your endeavour. 👍

Nikwax do a wash-in water repellent, if I remember correctly, it might save the jacket.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to theoldfellow

I shan’t manage 5k every day, but I will do at least 25 minutes. Thanks for the nikwax tip 😊

Richard7
Richard7Graduate10

Good luck Flick.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Richard7

Thank you!

DebJogsOn
DebJogsOnGraduate10

Great challenge Flick - I'm sure you can do it!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to DebJogsOn

Thank you 😊

I hope u can. It’s just the lack of sleep curtails my running, but I’m sure I can manage at least 25 minutes a day x

tony_a
tony_aGraduate10

Wow that’s lots of running. Good luck.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to tony_a

If I only do 3k a day, it won’t be so much 😊

linda9389
linda9389Moderator

Wow. Good luck Flick! Take it easy and enjoy it though, don't let it become a chore :)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to linda9389

No I will, and I won’t - hopefully! 😊

Hidden
HiddenGraduate10

Awesome! Well done Flick! Great challenge for December! Good luck🍀🙌🦄

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Hidden

Thank you 😊

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10

Good luck Flick...🙆😊xxx

good job you have plenty of running kit!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Bluebirdrunner

What happened to the reply I posted? I wrote a long response about the fact the washing machine has just broken down! And how much kit I washed in the bath this morning (including all my running bras and knickers) Xx

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Oh no....thats not good. You are going to be worn out..😕xx

FlickM3

I don’t think it’s worthnthe money to repair it. I’m moving to a house with a built in washing machine so I wouldn’t be taking it anyway - but it means washing stuff in the bath till February! Xx

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Or literally streaking!😉

Lots of thinking time while out running but maybe packing to think about/start.... xxx

FlickM3

Washing machine is working now 😳

Packing ugh, but not till contacts are exchanged! Xx

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate10

Go Flick!! Running 25mins every day is an awesome goal 🤗 Good for you, enjoy it! 😊🦋🏃‍♀️

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Flaraflarkin

Thank you. Shouldn’t be too bad as I run up to five times a week including longer runs. Should be able to juggle things so it isn’t too tough 😊

TedG
TedGGraduate10

Well done Flick, I hope you manage it 😊

Nikwax is a good waterproofer, available as wash in or spray....I swear by it! 🤗

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to TedG

Thanks Ted, and I will get some nikeax for my jacket 😊

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10

Wow! Good luck with it! What a great idea - certainly avoiding stacking up the calories this December 🤣

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Equi-geek

It’s certainly a challenge 😊

mountaindreamer
mountaindreamerGraduate10

Well done making a start, despite the weather, Flick! Good luck reaching your December streak goal! 😃🏃‍♀️❤️🤶🏻🎅🏻🎄☃️❄️

I noticed on Strava that it said you’d joined this challenge, so I had to look it up! (I’m still too scared of getting injured to run every day yet, so won’t be joining you...😂)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to mountaindreamer

Thank you. And you could do it next year. 😊❤️

Crawlhome
CrawlhomeGraduate10

Fantastic goal Flick and best of luck. 😁

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Crawlhome

Thank you 😊💜

Oldmanofhoy
OldmanofhoyGraduate10

Go Flick. 👍 best of luck.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Oldmanofhoy

thank you :) Love the name BTW :)

Goodness, I'm lucky to get one run a week at the moment, I'm terribly envious that you get seven!!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Sqkr

It was a case of having to do something. I was putting off my runs because of tiredness, and this has motivated me because if I'm REALLY knackered, I can tell myself it's only 25 minutes minimum and I can go as slowly as i like.

Sandraj39
Sandraj39Ambassador

Good luck with your challenge, Flick. Take it easy though! I already struggle to fit my precious three runs a week in around work and family commitments so I will pass on this one! We will, of course, all be with you virtually though😉,

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Sandraj39

Thank you! Luckily I'm old so dont have work/family etc so its easier to do it :)

Sandraj39
Sandraj39Ambassador in reply to FlickM3

..now you know that "age is just a number" Flick (😉) and you are a wonderful example of how to never grow 'old' (iykwim). I hope that I am still running when I no longer have to work and can follow your example - always an inspiration! x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Sandraj39

Thank you. I’m not hung up on age though and merely used it to indicate why I don’t have those commitments now. Anyway, if you keep up the running, you will sail into old age 😊x

Sarakc
SarakcGraduate10

Well done!! That’s a great challenge, I’m sure you’ll do it!

I’m doing the RED January one although I won’t actually run every day, I’ll do brisk walking and swimming too! Not sure my poor old bones could cope with every day running!! 😂🏃‍♀️

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Sarakc

I hope I can keep it up. I keep reminding myself I don’t gave to do more than 25 minutes if I don’t want to. Someone on the Marcothon Facebook page said he does his normal runs, then does the minimum on his days off, and that sounds like a good plan x

Wow, that's a challenge! I'd have to echo someone else here, I only get a chance to run once or twice a week, I'm jealous! Keep it up though, I'm sure you can do it!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Jundal

Well being able to run every day is the compensation for being old 😊

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

Well done FlickM3.. you'll easy do it x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Mummycav

Done three days now and feel great x

Mummycav
MummycavModerator in reply to FlickM3

Brilliant xxx