Bridge to 10K
7,138 members β€’ 8,153 posts

Today's a good day to run 10k!!

Final week of the magic number plan and I can't quite believe how much easier it's been than I expected! Although I wasn't thinking that 10 minutes into this run to be fair πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I chose today as I have less on and the weather looked fine.

Started well, running down the long, gentle hill towards the quay. I get about 2.5k in and my right knee is niggling plus the right thigh that hasn't been good since week 4 if couch to5k joins in.. I make a mental note to do more strength work this week.

Running along the river is always wonderful and brings back memories of parkrun as it's the same route. I'm struggling a bit, only 4k and it's feeling never ending, I focus on breathing, the lovely surroundings and feeling quick and light.

I loop round a couple of times, lots of dog walkers and other runners keep me distracted and as always I wish runners would smile more at each other 😁

Ok, I'm half way, the breathing is good, I could almost hold a conversation! I loop round the woodland path a couple of times and head back.

3k to go, mostly uphill but I'm feeling fairly good, I don't have to stop too long at the traffic lights and when I do I'm not as out of breath as two weeks ago so something must be improving!

I keep a steady pace uphill and I know it's within reach! Most of the last bit is downhill and suddenly I'm flighing and feel amazing, even changing my route to run past the shops and traffic so I can finish in the park.

Something very strange happens, there's a light shower, and I sprint uphill with my legs suddenly feeling like they don't belong to me!! I don't know what happened there but that's it, I'm done and I've actually ran 10k in just over an hour.

I also timed it just right as it's pouring now! Happy running week everyone πŸ˜πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

31 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Oh yessssss CH! Look at you fly! Well done! Do you realise how awesome that is? Welcome to the podium! And cheers πŸ₯‚ πŸŽ‰πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

2 likes

Thanks and cheers! Five months and one day after I started running, not too shabby!

What's your plan now?

1 like

I’m going to work my way back through the Magic 10 plan to see if I can get a little quicker. Plus I’d like some bling and want to find a race or two early next year. πŸ…

How about you? Are you headed for HM or beyond? I plan on staying at 10k I think. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜€

1 like

I'm sure you'll get gradually faster cheeky. How are you going to stop at a shorter distance though?! 😁😁

I think I'll stick at staying with the three runs a week and work on getting better at the longer runs. I'm really keen to do some races but there's not much around πŸ˜”

HM is tempting me too, but then I get half way through a run run and think better of it! 🀣🀣

Fantastic crawlhome!! I sometimes felt that the first 4k was harder when doing a long run than when doing parkrun - I don’t know why?

I’ve just looked at where you ran ; Exeter must be lovely for running. That was a brilliant time too, especially as you’ve got elevation. Well done you.

πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ₯‚β­οΈπŸ’«πŸŽ“πŸ…

2 likes

Thanks Dexy5, it's a great place to live and run, I moved from Reading earlier in the year and I took up running a few weeks later, not sure I would have felt as safe running in Reading! I do do with less hills though🀣

Looks like your runs are very scenic!

1 like

You superstar, that’s a fab run, a fab time and a well deserved graduate badge too πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ€©πŸ†πŸ’₯

2 likes

Thanks ju-ju-. Woop I got a badge!!

2 likes

Are you going to change your name to Runhome now?

YAAAY!!! Well done Crawlhome! Congratulations on your first 10k, and on a great time too! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈβ€οΈπŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ…πŸ˜Š

1 like

Thanks mountaindreamer, about time I got into the 10 club! πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Wowsers!! This is fantastic. πŸ˜πŸŽ‰πŸƒπŸ‘πŸ‘. Well done u!! Exclusive time too! U should feel well pleased

1 like

Thanks Deals1, not long for you now 😁😁

Meant to say excellent not exclusive!! It's both though 😁

1 like

Well done to you! Congratulations!πŸŽ“πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ…πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸ‘β˜€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ So speedy!! All the very best for your onward running journey! That badge looks mighty good!

1 like

It felt good, Isn't it incredible how long we can run these days?! 😁😁

Awwww! That badge is still looking very good. I hope to have one within two weeks! No wonder it keeps glinting in my eye! Yes it is astounding how far and for how long we run!

1 like

πŸ”₯πŸ€©πŸ‘πŸ’πŸ₯‚πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ€©πŸ”₯

Congratulations Crawlhome!

Great post, it felt like we ran it with you πŸ‘

A very exciting read for a magic 10 noob, what a cracking time too!!!

Enjoy your evening 😁

⚑️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⚑️

1 like

Thanks Thundersloth, it's been an intense journey and still in a bit of shock! It doesn't seem so long since I looked at those 10k badges and wondered if I could ever do it!

Good luck this week, you'll smash it!

1 like

Fantastic run crawl. I think you might need to change your name. πŸ‘

2 likes

Thanks paulanoo 😁😁

Wow, well done crawlhome, that's an amazing run in a fantastic time. Bet you feel on top of the world!!

1 like

Thanks SANDI_runs, the plan works! Plus lots of support and advice from everyone here 😁😁

Excellent great work and at the end of you run you breezed it into the 10k club with a superb time πŸΎπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€

2 likes

Thanks Runsome, I made it!!

1 like

Yippee!!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Well done Crawlhome, and an impressive time!

1 like

Thanks Tartancat, just saw you did yours too, massive congratulations to you as well!

1 like

Well done for the inspiration, I was only going to do 8k and ended up doing 10.

Happy Daize. β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘

1 like

Thanks Gazlic and well done on your 10k too! 😁

1 like

Fantastic! Congratulations ! I think you need to change that name of yours from Crawlhome to Sprinthome! 🀣🀣. I hope that I’ll be able to get to that soon. However it’s still a bit slow for me. I’m still to do the 5.5k on the first week.

Anyway you have done amazing and your an inspiration to folks like meπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’

2 likes

You may also like...