Bridge to 10K
7,388 members8,892 posts

Parkrun PB

Fairly uneventful today in that I remembered my barcode, Strava worked okay and I finished the run of 5k. It was another warm one but not quite as bad as last week and an onshore breeze so cooling without having to fight it.

I moved up from my usual place at the rear and chatted to a few people before the start. Then we were off. I never really know if I’m going too fast or slow at the beginning but at 500m Strava confirmed I was doing alright and I settled into a rhythm. I met UpTheStanley for a high five at the 2k point as usual so everything felt good. Then I decided to see if I could reach the person ahead and run at their pace and next thing I was overtaking. That happened a few times until I saw a lady in a neon orange top and 2 men behind her. The finishing line was ahead and I was catching up , I managed to overtake one man but the others heard me coming so we had a bit of a sprint finish. I didn’t catch them but we had a laugh about me improving their finishing times. Only 4 seconds between us. Parkrun has confirmed another PB for me but just love the way it gets me out of bed on a Saturday morning.

Now back to the couch to watch Wimbledon and footie. Decisions decisions

I hope everyone else is enjoying their day

35 Replies
oldestnewest

Great going Dexy! 😃👍❤️ I managed a sprint finish with and an equal time to a young girl of about 9 today! It’s fun how it gets everyone out together. (I was really pleased with my PB, until discovering my “I’ve not run for a few years, but will restart straight at 5k+” husband, as he wasn’t tethered to me even for the start this week, did the thing in about 23mins!!! I’m not even going to try and compete with that!😂😂😂 Will stick to just competing with myself each week!)

1 like

And rightly so mountaindreamer. Apparently the founder of Parkrun gets more pleasure watching the runners at the back of the run than watching the whippets like our OHs. I get such a buzz out of it.

1 like

Yes, as we knew what was going on more this week (and I didn’t need the loo!) it was nice to stay and clap on some of the other runners after finishing. There was a young girl in a wheelchair, who I think was pushed around most of the course by her Dad, but who then got out to push her own chair and get cheered on to the finishing line. Lovely to see. ❤️

2 likes

That’s brilliant Dexy!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Wimbledon and not the footie?? 😂😂 x

2 likes

Wimbledon until 3.00 (hopefully Nadal will have won by then. Then I will need a cold beer - still on water at the mo. 🎾🍺⚽️

1 like

Pointless footie match anyway. 😬 🍻

1 like

My boyfriend was supposed to play on centre court today (trumpet not tennis 😂) but they didn't get to because of the men's semi final. Hopefully he'll get on before the men's final tomorrow. Very well done on your PB xx

2 likes

That’s s shame but what fantastic tennis they saw today with the men’s and the ladies, now we need to see Jamie Murray win the mixed doubles again, or is that tomorrow?

Think it's tomorrow. I've missed it all as I've been watching Eastbourne Borough play Charlton Athletic under 23s for my sins. All I can say about that is at least it was sunny 😂

1 like

I did my first parkrun today

My runs are on the flat along the river the parkrun wasn't

Feeling muscles I am not really sure I have in reality 🤭

Got passed by a lady running with a pushchair 🐌🐌🐌

Managed to pass a few myself though (mostly those running with children)

Couldn't chat to anyone though as had to concentrate on breathing 😅😅

Listening to Jay66UK running soundtrack 👍 thank you. Loved the tunes but note to self even though you can't hear yourself with earphones in others can!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 likes

Yep...I got overtaken by a guy running with a pushchair too today! Glad it’s not just me then! 😂😂

And I got overtaken by a toddler on his little bike with his dad. What a way to get kids interested.

2 likes

Ha ha

Well done on doing your first Parkrun Ouching. So you got a PB too. 😅🏃‍♀️👏

Pleased to help in small way!

Can't move off the sofa now

Family having to bring my wine!

🤭🤭

1 like

And you do deserve it 🏃‍♀️🍷. Take a day off . 🤣

Good for you.

Fabulous 😎

1 like

Thanks ju-ju-

Fab Dexy5 well done you!

I just switched on the telly for the footie and saw we were 1-0 down so I’ve opted for the tennis. Could be a while until the ladies are out!

Does anyone else sweat as much as Nadal 😱😰🤣

1 like

😅 I don’t think anyone sweats as much as nadal

1 like

Sounds like a fun park run, Dexy, well done! I’ve yet to try it, though have a lovely one just 15 mins walk away. When I get this 10k licked, I am going to give it a whirl! x

1 like

You could always do it as your 5k run sadie-runs

1 like

I could...but need to save the weekend for me long runs at the moment! (Don’t usually have time to run for 1hr plus during the week.) x

1 like

I can understand that one. Parkrun will still be there when you’ve reached your main target. Good luck to you.

1 like

Thank you! x

Well done Dexy. Sound like a great run and a PB!! Hope to do my first park run next Saturday :) :)

1 like

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

1 like

Well done!!

1 like

Thanks Jay

1 like

Wow well done. I hope to do one soon 😊

Thank you, I’m sure you’d enjoy it too Jerome

1 like

Sorry- predictive text did it again

No problem 🙂