I've got the Gerty glooms: someone please gi... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,856 members15,626 posts

I've got the Gerty glooms: someone please give me a kick up the backside!!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Above is a cheery pic of me taken two and a bit years ago, when I was feeling very positive, posted in an attempt to cheer myself up (I had a phase of hennaing my hair at that time). I'm feeling knackered and unmotivated. I have a life situation that is sapping my energy so that I'm waking in the mornings groggy and flat. I loved my last run, but that was three days ago and I can't seem to get myself into my running kit and out of the door now. I honestly can't imagine myself being able to put one foot in front of the other right now, and I'm not even sure I can blame gremlins this time. The constant rain doesn't help either, plodding round in the dreary grey with cars and lorries splashing me..

So, lovely people, do I force myself out and take it from there, being prepared to come back after a few yards, or do I wait till motivation returns. It's not like me to feel like this, so I'm not very good at handling it.

107 Replies
oldestnewest
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Go out Flick.... if you feel physically well... and not too overtired... then head out...it is so, so hard sometimes, but I do, honestly feel that you will benefit from some kind of a jaunt...

Is there anywhere you could run that is less grey wet and splashy? The weather is dire and very depressing ....but... it really is moving towards better days.

Get your shoes on girl!

Just head out for an Irishprincess jogette... sometimes the pesky Black Dog, who bothers many of us, to a greater or lesser degree... can be out run in a very short time.. he is lazy, whilst you... you are a runner x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Oldfloss

Aw, thank you. I do think Im mostly drained. I dont get depressed. But I take your point and will head out to orrow.

Unfortunately nowhere I can go to run as I dont drive.

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator in reply to FlickM3

If you were closer I would come and get you x Hang on in there..and I will be hoping you have a more restful night.. :)

FlickM3

thank you 😊 I do think I would feel so much better if Mr i dont snore wasnt so restless. Hopefully his work related stress will soon ease. Im happy within myself and happy to do anything that doesnt involve too much physical effort, bit even walking the dogs is a bit tiring at the moment. I thought I would get up and do one of my early morning lack of sleep runs, but I just didnt have the energy.

Oldfloss

Just take it steady Flick...no rush x

FlickM3

Says the woman eho runs at a third faster than me 😂 x

Oldfloss

I have just had more practice... :)

TedG
TedGGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Morning Flick, once I’m off the IC, I will pick you up for a run in Oxford area.....I’d quite like to try Blenheim at some point, you up for that? 😊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to TedG

Definitely, but i will slow you down.

TedG
TedGGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Don’t worry about that, I’m going to need to go steady when I get back off IC. Anyway, I saw your last post on the short run and that was a very respectable pace, it’s the hills that are slowing you down Flick!!

You must have a bus pass? Jump on one and venture afield a bit now the warmer weather is in its way 😎🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to TedG

When it's warmer I will. At the moment it means taking a warm jacket with me, which ?i would then have to carry when running.

In the morning put your running clothes on.

Go out. Walk, or run, the choice is yours...... be adventourous and do a bit of both maybe. Forget distance, pace, time..... just absorb the outing, because it is for you. Sometimes we focus on distance and time at the detriment of a pleasure run for ourselves.

I hope you feel more motivated again soon Flick, you are doing so well.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Millsie-J

Thanks Millsie. I wasn't thinking of pace and distance watching. My last run was just a run for the joy of it, and of course i have to get out and walk every day with the dogs.toorrow I WILL run 😊

Millsie-J
Millsie-J in reply to FlickM3

Flick maybe you should think about adding in a ‘Planned’ short break from running. If it is planned it feels much less pressure.

Many people believe we should take a few days off or have a more relaxed week regularly. I take a planned four/five days off at least every six weeks. Usually I link it to when I know I have a busy few days coming up.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Millsie-J

Good idea. If I feel like this tomorrow, I shall definitely make the break official. Im just genuinely tired at present, though my situation is also taking my focus away from running. Thanks 😊 x

Oh no! What's happened to our Flick? Sorry to hear you are not your usual happy self.

And the weather really doesn't help - although better days are a coming later on this week.

In the meantime what about your trusty dreadmill? Put a virtual race on you tube (somewhere nice & sunny) so you can imagine you are there & not in the conservatory. Or what about some hiit training? I like Joe Wicks on you tube - short 30 sec fast exercises followed by 30 secs rest! Do that for 20 mins & it gets your heart racing & he's so upbeat (& easy on the eye!), you really feel you've achieved something - or do both - dreadmill for a few k and some hiit. It will lift your spirits & anything is better than the couch!

Bestcat
Bestcat in reply to Bestcat

Or as above - tell yourself you're going out for a walk ..... In the rain ..... With your running kit on ... Just in case.....🏃🌧

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Bestcat

😂😂😂

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Bestcat

I thought about the dreadmill, but it’s so boring that I couldnt face it. There is nowhere to prop my ipad...ah,Ive just had a thought, I could use my music stand!

Bestcat
Bestcat in reply to FlickM3

🤔💡Lightbulb moment!💡💡

There will be times when we need a plan B, which those of us who only started running recently (last summer!) are now finding out!

DebJogsOn
DebJogsOnGraduate10

Go Flick - you're an inspiration to so many of us on here.

Lots of us get the glums from time to time - and we all know that we feel better about ourselves and the world after a jog. I know getting out there is a challenge sometimes but it's really just putting one foot in front of the other and before to know it all that stuff that's weighing you down will seem more in perspective.

Rooting for you 😊💕

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to DebJogsOn

Thank you 😊 i dont think the stress per sé stopoing me running but more the tiredness from it. I shall do as you all say and get out there tomorrow. I do walk with the dogs every day, but I was so tired after today that I couldnt face a run as well.

Uphill-downhill
Uphill-downhillGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Hi Flick, I think it's important to not do more than the 3 runs a week and have found that no territory is ceded by doing 2 when that feels right. I've had 3 breaks for snow and injury of up to a week in the last 6 months and came back stronger! Also worth a check to iron levels, I'm a veggie with asthma and at times need to take iron to stay oxygenated helping out my lungs. Life stuff is tiring, be as kind to yourself as you are to others on here. Take care

dindy
dindyGraduate10

Like yourself I went through a phase of being not motivated & very tired.I was advised to take a whole week off from running and recoup.It absolutely worked for me. I know you are almost there at your 10k and you will make it but how about taking your camera and just going for a run,not distance or speed just enjoy. I know you take absolutely fabulous photos so how about taking some of these nice sites you run to or even lorries splashing you and put them on for us to see. I think your black & white photos with the rain clouds will look great, how about some of your muddy feet.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to dindy

Thank you, that made me smile. I remember your break and return to running, though unlike you I don't think my drainedness is anything to do with overdoing it, as Ive been taking two or three days between longer runs, and up till the last couole of days have been enjoying my runs. My last run was purely for enjoyment.

Irishprincess
IrishprincessGraduate10

Lovely photo! I use to henna my hair at a time when I swam a lot too. Not a good mix 😭 as it ended up bright orange! Yours looks lovely though.

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. Despite our love of running, life sometimes steps in and with the best will in the world makes it hard for us to get out and feel the love. Don't beat yourself up about it. Tough times do drain us of energy so be kind to yourself and just remove the need to run for a few days. Take a break, do other things, just walk or potter in the garden, look up close at the emerging bulbs and wonder at their intricate beauty, meet a friend for coffee.

Or, if you're really keen to run then you could try going for a walk somewhere different and/or pretty and wear your running shoes just in case you feel the need to break into a little jogette. It might be for a few minutes but that's ok. It might be you don't run at all and that's ok too. Theres no timetable in life that we must adhere to and you will run when you want to and feel like it.

I hope your situation eases and you feel a bit better soon x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Irishprincess

Thank you, everything youve said resonates with me. I guess I love running so much that I ahte when soemthing robs me of motivation and energy. So I shall happily watch more episodes of Vikings tonight without feeling I should have got out and run.

Irishprincess
IrishprincessGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Exactly!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Irishprincess

Re the henna, swimming is responsible for fading mine. I used body art henna, so the quality was oretty good, which may be why it didnt go green.

helenwheels
helenwheelsGraduate10

Lovely picture Flick

Never wait for ‘the feeling’

Rather don’t feel it but do it anyway

The feeling will follow.

Feelings and behaviour (as well as our thoughts and beliefs) are related but in a reciprocal relationship rather than being s one way street

Hope things are better (holistically) soon

Put your gear on and head out in the rain (or the sleet or snow) you will feel better for it I’m sure🏃🏾‍♀️👍🏃🏾‍♀️

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to helenwheels

Thank you 😊 Usually I would relate to that philosphy toatally, but at the moment the motivation isnt following getting up and out there. I had no energy at all when walking the dogs this morning. I do think stress is draining the energy out of me. I shall have a go tomorrow. Ive been walking round in a haze of fatigue today. On with the kit tomorrow...i knew today wasnt going to happen when fondling my running shoes adoringly didnt do the trick 😳

helenwheels
helenwheelsGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Hear what you are saying and yes, take a rest and look after yourself

Love your positive picture and your scarf is fab! Get your kit on and put one foot in front of the other and gooooooo! (Even if it’s a short stroll!) Don’t let the gerty glooms get the better of you lovely Flick. 🤗💪🏻 x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Catbee

Thank you Catbee. The scarf was knitted for me by the daughter of a friend(ive known her most of her life and she’s like a daughter to me). I shall get into my kit tomorrow and get lut there!

Catbee
Catbee in reply to FlickM3

Go gurrrl! Wear something bright to battle the grey gloominess that we call spring away💪🏻 🦄

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Catbee

I need some unicorn leggings!

helenwheels
helenwheelsGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Nobody needs unicorn leggings! Certainly no one over the age of 9

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to helenwheels

I do i do!

Hidden
Hidden

I say go...but just go...turn off your tech & your apps & just do it for the sake of it.all these apps are fantastic if life is wonderful & everything is going swimmingly...but as i have found out on many an occasion...especially lately...life just isnt like that & you are kind of putting pressure on yourself by trying to run this or run that.be kind to yourself & give yourself a mental break.also...just be aware that the black dog can creep up on anyone at any time for no reason at all...just be mindful & if it continues then maybe a trip to your GP might be a good idea x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Hidden

Nah, I dont think it’s on that level, really. Im not depressed, just knackered and preoccupied. Ive been through much worse than this without getting depressed. And although I always track my runs, Im not always trying to beat anything. My last run was for sheer joy, three days ago. In fact the reason I have always run is for the sheer joy of running - statistics are secondary to that, always. I shall give it a go tomorrow. I still think unicorn leggings are a good idea, whatever helenwheels says ( just joking helen 😊) x

Hidden
Hidden in reply to FlickM3

Thats the thing though...depression isnt caused by events or things being bad...its literally a chemical imbalance that causes the symptoms.i am sure you know yourself well enough by now but its just worth keeping it at the back of your mind if it keeps on x

FlickM3

Im not depressed, honestly, just very tired. Ive had so little sleep lately with Mic being so restless because of his work situation, and now I have had a couple of reasonable nights, Im groggy and tired. I was feeling fine three days ago. I think waking out of a dream cycle tends to make me off all day, and Ive been dreaming heavily the last few nights - probably catching up on dream deprivation. I know if you suffer from depression, it can flag up warnings (i have friends who suffer from depression, and my brother in law was clinically depressed), but it’s not something Ive ever had to contend with. Im really fine, happy to read and play with my ipad, till I need to do anything strenuous, then I just dont have the reserves. But thank you very much for caring and worrying. You are lovely x

Hidden

Life is exhausting!!!just be kind to yourself & do what you feel like doing...maybe a break might do you good?also there are ALOT of lurgies going round at the moment that can make you feel rubbish without feeling ill if you know what i mean.take care of you & if you need anything you know where i am 😊 xx

FlickM3

Aw, thanks. I think a break is a good idea. Ive got Mr I dont snore waking me on and off all night, and also something I want that im working towards but that isnt happening as fast as I would like, and that’s very frustrating, so when I try to get myself out and run, I just havent got that push at present. Lol, I went and did the NHS depression test after your answer, just to make sure, and I scored 1 on the depression scale, right at the not depressed end of the scale 🤨 xxx

Hidden

Oh those tests are crap!!!sometimes you need to take a step back & be selfish hunny...focus on YOU & what YOU need & want if you know what i mean.take some time to figure out what...at this moment in time...is most important to YOU...& find a way to make it happen...whatever it is.i know from experience that sleeping with(or not as the case may be!!!)someone who disturbs your sleep is pretty debilitating(my soon to be ex(cant happen soon enough!!!)went through a very long period of violently kicking & punching in his sleep...guess who bore the brunt of that!!!)so maybe a shift into.another room or some hardcore earplugs?seriously though...if i can help hunny...please feel.free to message me...xx

FlickM3

Thankfully he isnt fighting battles in his sleep, and I am wearing earplugs. If it goes on, I will make him sleep in the spare room. N

Yep, I did the test very tongue in cheek. But I am not a very good candidate dor depression - im happy within myself and have horribly high self esteem. Im not good at waiting for thimgs though. Imwant everything yesterday lol.

I do very much appreciate your support though xxx

Hidden

No worries lovely...thats a good thing then 😊 if all else fails then go to the Race at your own Pace website & grab yourself a unicorn medal 😉 xx

FlickM3

Now youre talking 😊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Thanks everyone. Youve motivated me. I shall get out there tomorrow 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🦄🦄

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate10

Get out 💪🏽

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Tasha99

Lol, when I said a kick up the backside, I was thinking of a gentle nudge, not a bruiser of a kick 😳😂😂😂😂

SlowLoris
SlowLorisGraduate10

1) Put that scarf back on.

2) Remember how good you feel after the run. I don't think anticipating a run in the rain has ever lifted my spirits. Once I get going though, find my stride, get my second wind, overtake the odd snail.... you know that feeling... go get it back.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to SlowLoris

Thank you😊 heading out tomorrow. I really hope i get enough sleep tonight, with Mr I dont snore tossing and turning ☹️

Be gentle on yourself. Try a woodland walk. The woodland nature will make a nice change to the grey roads and sky. Hopefully spring will be here very soon, which will uplift and energise you no end. Keep smiling :)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to thisfishcan

I would love to, but I dont drive so the woods are beyond my reach. Fields are trecherous with mud right now.

Sarakc
SarakcGraduate10

Hi! Sorry you’re feeling like this! I really think the horrible weather doesn’t help! Hopefully spring will make an appearance soon and your energy and motivation will return! I’m in Scotland and it’s absolutely freezing! Off to London for a couple of days! Taking son to see “Wicked”! I’ve packed my running things in case I feel like a wee run but might give myself a few days off! 😀🏃‍♀️

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10

Im definitely going out tomorrow, even if i collpase with lack of sleep and tired pness after a few yards. Its such a shame as my run three days ago was wonderful.

Come on Flick, put those running shoes on and get out there, rain or no rain. Ain’t no point worrying about where the mojo has gone - it won’t come back till it realises you’re doing just fine without it, then it will skulk back and you’ll suddenly realise its there again.

You can do this, come on, we’re all behind you, rooting and cheering for you. 🙂🙃🙂🏃‍♀️

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Fionn42

Thank you 😊 im going out thre tomorrow.i do think this is physical rater than mental tiredness, i twrrupted aleep for weeks because my partner is going thorugh a stressful time at work, and is restless.

Get your running gear out the night before, or if you’re running in the evening, the morning before.

It’s helped me to get out there.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Midspur

Lol, it will be colonised by te cats. I shall head out tomorrow, sleep ir no sleep. I wanted to go early this morning, but I was just too tired like deep in my chest tired.

Mummycav
MummycavModerator

Yes, yes, yes....go out Flick...you will feel better for it....I am sure...even if you run a bit, walk a bit...anything is better than nothing...x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Mummycav

Yah, toure right. On with the shoesto orrow. Gotta justify all that gear I bought 😉 x

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Administrator

If you are feeling low, a run will most definitely help. If you are physically exhausted then a short one just to wet the whistle.... lovely pic too

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to ju-ju-

Thanks ju-ju. I do think I feel low because Im tired. I will see how it goes tomorrow. When Im drained and tired, the rain is off putting, where usually I find it exhiliarating. Raining again romorrow.

Anthie
AnthieGraduate10

Oh, Flick, sorry to read about your gloom so late. I've just come back from a weekend away in Rotterdam. It was also very rainy but just the change of scenery made us forget about the weather. I hope you'll get a good night sleep and you'll manage to enjoy the run tomorrow. With that lovely scarf, you should be able to glide even up hill ;-) But don't push yourself too hard, especially if you feel exhausted. Looking forward to reading your post tomorrow!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Anthie

Thank you Anthie 😊 I’m glad you got a change if scene. Youndeserve a break x

Anthie
AnthieGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Yes, the excitement of discovering a new place makes you forget about the dreadful rain and it feels longer in time as well. But if I had stayed in Lille, I think I would have felt restless and I wouldn't have done much. I think Oldfloss suggested you try to run somewhere different. Can you catch a bus or something to try another route? When you feel less tired, that is, because it requires more time and organisation to take the public transport. Good night xx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Anthie

I will do that in the summer, but at present it means either freezing on the bus in just my running gear, or having to take a warm jacket and having to carry it :)

Aw Flick. Just to add to the many, many messages of goodwill, here's a gentle nudge/backside kick. Do report back tomorrow, if you want! Love the pic and the scarf in particular. You'll be righted soon enough.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to icklegui

Thank you. went out, ran just 1 1/2k and feel mentally high but I'm very vert physically tired x

mrrun
mrrunGraduate10

I don't often do thinking or motivation, those two just add onto complexity of life. And complexity of life adds onto the glorious feeling of being sorry for onself.

I prefer reflex based on habit:

Today is (whatever day) hence you shall run. Don't analyse, go out there and run. 5 min, 2min, 1hr, irrelevant, just go and do it, that's the whole point.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to mrrun

I am absolutely

NOT feeling sorry for myself - that isn't my style. but i;'m glad I did this post as it's bounced back ideas and clarified what really is wrong. I'm fatigued. I did a k and a half this morning, but my body didn't want to get out of bed, and I'm very physically tired now, though mentally high. I think the weeks of sleep deprivation are finally taking their toll.

Fionn42
Fionn42 in reply to FlickM3

Hey well done you! Can I make a suggestion? My OH goes through periods of really bad stress due to work, and during those times he can’t sleep so he fidgets and constantly tosses and turns. I ended up being woken up many many times during the night and then being exhausted like you. The solution, as given him by a sleep clinic, is that he gets up and goes downstairs, reads or does the crossword for half an hour then comes back to bed. If he’s not asleep after half an hour he goes back down and reads again, repeating the activity until it works (usually two periods of reading). His creeping in and out is, surprisingly, much less disturbing than his tossing and turning. If it gets too bad, he goes and sleeps in the spare room but for no more than that night. The getting up really works (but no electronic screens allowed). Maybe something like that could help you guys and mean that you get the sleep you need?

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Fionn42

Thanks, good advice, though mostly he is asleep but tossing turning snoring etc. I have to work something out because lack of sleep is really spoiling my enjoyment of life.

Fionn42
Fionn42 in reply to FlickM3

Maybe you need the spare room then! Or the couch, wherever you can go just to get the couple of nights of good quality undisturbed sleep that you need. Good luck!

ancientrunner
ancientrunnerGraduate10

Give it a go tomorrow, even if you just aim for round the block and then take it as it comes.

Hopefully things will pick up soon, the blooming weather doesn't help.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to ancientrunner

Thanks, did that. Feel mentally good but physically knackered.

ancientrunner
ancientrunnerGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Well done!!

AndG
AndGGraduate10

What a lovely photo love the hair! I hope you feel better soon. Next week is supposed to get warmer everything seems better with a bit of ☀️

Perhaps treat yourself to some nice new running kit, hat or other apparel and give yourself an outing to show it off.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to AndG

Thank you :) Ha! dont tempt me, LOL!

Plan a holiday?? Sounds like you need a big ol’ rest. Also have you Flick/anyone else noticed that a big breakthrough full-on elated run is often followed by a steep dive into exhaustion? Just wondering...adrenalin slump?? (Am currently battling shocking laryngitis following super-run on Saturday 🙁.)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Gillma

I hadn't thought of that. I did 8k on not enough sleep last week and have been struggling ever since. But I do think sleep deprivation is having its way with me.

Jancanrun
JancanrunGraduate10

Sorry Flick I missed this one. Glad you got out though as my GP said there’s a damned good reason why sleep deprivation is used as torture. Are you any good at taking a snooze outside of normal sleep times? Like a power nap? Just to give your bod a mini recharge?

As you say you’re not prone to depression, so maybe it’s just sheer bone weariness?

Big hugs x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Jancanrun

Thanks Jan, hugs appreciated much :) Sometimes I can sleep in the afternoon for a couple of hours, but lately I've been out of synch (clock change probably) and it hasn't been so easy. I will certainly give it a go this afternoon though. x

Whatever you do, be kind to yourself. There’s a fine line between pushing yourself and exacerbating the exhaustion. It’s good to listen to your body.

How can you get better quality sleep? An engine that is low on fuel won’t go far before breaking down. Little and often and build up to longer exercise. Check you don’t have a condition that could affect your energy levels such as anaemia or low bit B12. A health MOT perhaps. Your mojo will return as we hope the better weather will- eventually! 🏃‍♂️🌞x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Liz-is-trying

Tha k you 😊 No problem with health - I had cancer two years ago, so recent checkups are a thing. I know sleep will ease once Mr i dont snore is no longer stressed at work - he’s had a hectic few weeks with his firm being taken over, and has admitted to being stressed for the first time ever. Im going to eat sowmthing now and sleep this afternoon. I normally dont mind te bad weather, but when Im tired it is an additional factor.

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10

If you don’t go out the Badedas horseman can’t come in ......... just saying 😏

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to EmmaRunning

LOL. Though too knackered to entertain him after my run this morning ;)

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10

Oooh good for you! Maybe he could wait a while til you get your breath back. I’m getting bored on the IC and slightly desperate at the moment. (Words I thought I’d never say) 😆

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to EmmaRunning

lol!

Sorry youre still stuck. Better times are on their way 😊

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10 in reply to FlickM3

Thanks lovely. Going to attempt it tomorrow - Friday ngers crossed 😌

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10 in reply to EmmaRunning

Fingers!!!

Slinkymalinki
SlinkymalinkiGraduate10

Hi, just caught up with the forum. Glad you managed to get out. Sun, sun & more sun is what we need! I was exhausted after finishing work before Easter and felt bad about not going for a run in the morning but after a couple of days still feeling tired I put on my running gear & just lazed around till I felt like a bimble outside. I'm sure I was also motivated by the thought of not wearing the evil sports bra for nothing! Hope things are improving & the sun is shining for you. x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Slinkymalinki

I missed this response - sorry. Seen it now though. I ahve spawned a monster thread. Yes, ran today, knackered now. Need sleep. Haha, the evil sports bra indeed. Men are so lucky!

johnm12
johnm12Graduate10

Ah so sorry to hear that. If you can't face a run, then please just get your boots on and go for a walk. Its almost as good as running. Fresh air, time to think and rise above the nonsense.

Feels like you need a virtual hug rather than a KITA so duly sent.

take care now.

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to johnm12

Thank you xxx a day on and Ive gone for a run, though only a short one, and I realise what’s wrong with me is sleep deprivation and fatigue. I do walk every day, and had been for a walk yesterday - I have to as we have two largeish dogs and a small garden!

johnm12
johnm12Graduate10

Well done. Hey the suns shining!

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to johnm12

It was, it's gone in again now and rain is on its way ;(

Anniemurph
AnniemurphGraduate10

What a lovely photo! :)

Sorry you're feeling like this, Flick. Reading through the comments and your responses, it looks like you've worked it out - you're just knackered. Take a week off. Sleep as much as you can. Hopefully things will improve for Mr. I-D-S and the stress will ease for him, so you can sleep better too. All the best to you x

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to Anniemurph

Thank you Annie 😊 as you will probably see, I did run today, but only a K and a half, and am feeling great mentally but absolutely wiped out physically. As for Mr IDS, I hope for,his sake that the stress lessens. im quite worried about him - especially as having the diet of a ten year old boy let loose in the fridge at midnight cant be helping him much.

Hi Flick, I believe I'm not too far from you and I'd be happy to visit on Sunday of your motivation doesn't return before then. Remember not to be too hard on yourself. And think of the mantra 'this is what I came for'. We run because we love it. Whether that's in the moment or after, but sometimes it's hard to feel that way before we get out the door, especially when the weather is so miserable. Take care of yourself xxx

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to VictoriaRuns

We must meet up some time if you are that close. Cant be this Sunday though. I did run today and posted it. It was tiredness that was the culprit. Sleep,deprivation. I was shaking with tiredness after only a K and a half today, but I did get terrific runner’s high x

VictoriaRuns
VictoriaRuns in reply to FlickM3

Glad you got out there. You would be doing your usual miles if you were well rested, I'm sure. I'm well versed in sleep deprivation so you have my complete sympathy. The only thing that works for me is magnesium and destressing, but I'm sure you are awash with advice and besides, we are all so very different. I feel for you though. But yes, I'm only ever really free on the weekends and normally have writing groups on Saturdays but maybe we could do a park run in the future with enough planning? Or a nice Sunday run and a coffee and natter, either or 😊

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to VictoriaRuns

that would be good :)

HeleneCorsa
HeleneCorsaGraduate10

I missed this post (I have been largely under house arrest over Easter with the kids tag-teaming me) so I have little to add to the other replies, and I see happily that you are defeating the Gertie Glooms anyway. But just wanted to say what a very lovely photo. Yet again I refuse to believe you are the age you say you are. Are you sure you don't have a hideous portrait hidden away in the attic?! :)

FlickM3
FlickM3Graduate10 in reply to HeleneCorsa

Thank you Helen, that was the only selfie Ive ever taken successfully - the rest make me look like an old hag, honestly 😳😳😳

You may also like...