Bridge to 10K
6,513 members7,265 posts

off ju-ju's plan today & just 3k

off ju-ju's plan today & just 3k

Too much to do today, so a short run. Actually I'm quite pleased with the pace and time. It's my bad time of day to run, the pavements were slippery so I was being careful and my breathing wasn't the best it's been. Of course, it's a shorter run, so the average is bound to be faster.

It seems strange running in daylight after the long winter we've had. Beautiful this morning too, with mist shrouding the hills and spring flowers everywhere: lots of daffodils making an appearance at last (we're slow to get them here in high up, chilly Chipping Norton).

I'm really looking forward to finishing the 10k plan and enjoying just running for a bit, going as far and fast as I feel like and running for pleasure. Then I think I will work on pace and time, because running faster is more joyful.

Well, I'm off to lure the Badedas horseman again (a girl can dream...though actually Mr I Don't Snore is home today, it being Good Friday, so maybe I ought to lure him instead).

Happy Easter everyone xxx

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, that sounds like a good and positive run. You are doing so well on the plan and there is no rush to finish. I like your plans for when you finish, that’s how I feel too. Enjoy your horseman 😉

1 like

Thanks ju-ju- . Actually I've got that real exhilarating high that's been lacking lately with doing longer runs on not enough sleep. Because Mr I dont snore wasn't going into work, i managed to get enough sleep for once.

As to the horseman, there's a naked man in the bath as we speak - just not that one ;)

3 likes

Have fun 😉

2 likes

Happy Easter 😊

1 like

Thank you x

1 like

Well done Flick and happy Easter 👍👍💐

Thank you Maggie. I really enjoyed the run, even though the first half was a bit hard, with my breathing not settling.x

Nice to see you're enjoying the runs, short as long! It's really the best time of the year in the countryside. If I were fitter, I would dream to be able to run in muddy hilly tracks ;-)

Have a great Easter weekend, Badedas horseman or not!

1 like

Trust me Anthie , the hill tracks here are dangerous at the moment. We are having so much rain! Last time I tried them, in February, the mud was liquid and over my ankles, round the gates was so badly trampled by livestock that they were almost impassable, and the slopes were slippery with mud. Actual running was intermittant. It will be at least another month before I will attempt running cross country. We are forecast snow again by mid week. Urgh! The weather here is truly horrible!

No horseman, but I have a gorgeous man who is actually home for once! 😊 Xxx

1 like

Snow?! Again?It's a neverending winter for you. Well, enjoy the sunny, warmer days all the more!

1 like

You may also like...