Flying with a Prosthesis

This was something I was concerned about before I took my first flight after my surgery & chemo mainly because I am that person they pick on for the additional search & invariably cause the scanner to beep!

So I flew minus my watch, no under wired bras anymore anyway, no sparkly TShirt & wore slip on shoes & I sailed through no problem.

I did however, at the last minute decide to leave my swim prosthesis behind but now having read this article l'll definitely take it next time!

facebook.com/AmoenaUK/posts...

Here's getting back to the new normal! 🎀

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Such a useful article and certainly covered a lot of points that I had not even considered. Thank you for sharing.

• It's surprising isn't it the new 'normal' but I was so reassured after my first flight, so I thought the article was well worth sharing! Safe Travels! ✈️

• I always get singled out so wore my softee , but last couple of times prothesis got patted down and just expained to to the girl and she was lovely said her mum had breast cancer.

• It was really the swimming one I was most bothered about, incase they decided it was 'liquid' like lipstick! 💄

I think the metal free, bling free clothes helped & I just waltzed through!

I thought the article was good & reassuring especially as you like me are always the one who gets the extra scrutiny!

Take Care & Happy Flying ✈️

• I haven't had any problems wearing mine through security!!

• Have you taken a swim prosthesis in hand luggage through Security?

• Not in my hand luggage but packed with swimsuit etc in main bag. I have never been asked about either, just lucky?