Insect bite

Good afternoon lovely ladies,

I was just wondering if any of you had any advice, I've been biten on my ankle at some point in last few days and my ankle has swollen, is red and itchy.! I'm in a quandry as to whether I should ring oncology incase of infection or whether I can just ring Dr's.?

I've been taking antihistamines and anthisan cream since yesterday, but think I made a mistake and went swimming this morning with my boys.!

Any advice welcome xx

7 Replies

  • You could ring and leave a message at GP, asking for someone to ring you back with advice as to whether to go and see them or Oncology. Hope it all works out for you x

  • Thank you, I've just rung Dr's and someone is going to ring me back x

  • I would make an appointment with the GP. I don't know what your GP is like but if you can't get an appointment the same day explain what has happened and that you're having treatment and hopefully they will manage something. I know a few people who have had some nasty bites this year xx

  • Yes, ring oncology. Your immune system is low at the moment. Take care.

  • If you are having chemo or your immune system is low for any reason, then yes, ring for advice

  • Defo ring oncology and let them know. Insect bites can cause problems with low immunity and some people date lymphoedema development to these.

  • Thank you everyone..I didn't want to overreact lol, I have an attention seeking mother in law at the moment and didn't want to cause more issues for my family.!

    I rang gp who prescribed some Flucloxacillin, I did also ring oncology and they have said to keep an eye on my temp and if it doesn't get better once I've been on the tablets for 24hrs then I'm to go in to have bloods done.

You may also like...