Hello all, I'm new here and have found reading your posts very helpful. Thank you.
I'm about to have my last cycle of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with HER2+ cancer. I have a tumour and cancer cells so the surgeon is advising a full mastectomy.
I'm trying to make a decision about whether to have my other 'healthy' breast removed, and I'm struggling. My surgeon was very clear that it wouldn't reduce my risk of cancer in that breast area because I've already had cancer now. I can see the advantages of both decisions, so I would be really interested to know how any of you have made this difficult decision. I keep changing my mind. I would really appreciate hearing your stories and how you came to a decision. Many thanks