After finding out about my 6mm Aneursym in January this year whilst getting ready to have an operation to remove a Pleomorphic Adenoma (benign tumour) growing around my left tear gland, I have now had my angeogramme etc and at apointment last week, a treatment plan has been decided. Due to the location, clipping is not an option as it is on the main internal carotid artery, and there is also a danger it will impact on my sight. The Aneuryms has now grown and is just over 7 mm, so Neuro have suggested that I have coils fitted in 4 weeks time. This will allow me to go ahead and have the Adenoma and tear gland removed (which is growing rapidly now causing a few problems with my sight) and in 6-12 months, I will go back for a flow diverter stent (they cant do it at same time as coils due to the blood thiners, and then wont be able to have the eye op).
My main question is around recovery time, and although I know everyone is different, but on average, how long will I be off work for the coils? Dr Google (sorry, know I shouldnt look on google) suggests around 2 weeks but reading on here and other sensible sites, suggest it may well be longer than this?
Have to say, I am terrified of having this done, but more terrified of not having it done due to our family history of SAH. Didnt help when Neuro explained there was a 10% chance of stroke, rupture or possible impact on my vision, but my wonderful husband did say that I have a 90% chance of coming through this unscaved, which is a much nicer way to look at it.