Hello, I have been following this forum for a wee while and decided to share my story and ask for advise.
I am a 50 year old female living in London and had a MRI and Angiogram in Charing Cross Hospital. Like many of you have had difficulty getting actually results without chasing, but since have now met the neurologist and he has corresponded very quickly. (i did say to him that i had been having issues)
My family has quite a strong history of Brian Aneurysms with my grandmother, aunt, cousin all dying from theirs. My youngest sister had a ruptured aneurysm 17 years ago and was treated instantly and recovered well. We all got checked this year and another sister has also got a small 3 mm aneurysm. She is waiting to see the outcome of the next scan.
The neurologist has suggested that I have coiling done ( too difficult to clip) and I am waiting to meet with the radiologist who would do the procedure. The neurologist does not perform coiling, only open surgery. I went into my meeting with a lot of research and had watched the seminars on unruptured aneurysms by the leasing US Hospitals which I found highly informative and knew what questions to ask in the meeting - some of which he could not answer as he will not be doing the procedure.
Have any of you had a basilar tip? i know that these are more rare and more likely to rupture? I still have not made my mind up should i have the surgery or not, i am waiting for the next meeting and then if i decide the operation will be within a month or two. I am scared of stroke andI do know that every operation causes a risk. I wish that I have never gone searching to start with! but then another part of me thinks i am lucky to have found it and something can be done with it.
thank you all for reading my rambling note and thank you so much in advance..