Pregnant

Hi, I done a pregnancy test the other day and found out I was pregnant I must be about 2-4 weeks. I'm constantly throwing up all the time and can't eat. Yesterday I had severe heartburn and pain in my lower stomach. Is this normal??

I'm also not planning on carrying on with the pregnancy as I'm not settled enough and can't provide for a baby at the age of 18. I have severe cysts in my womb and was told I wouldn't be able to have kids. I had an abortion in January and it was the worst pain I have ever been in. I just don't know how I'm going to take the pain again and the fact that this could be the last time I am ever pregnant and I can't go ahead with it. My last abortion made me depressed for a couple months without me even knowing.

Any advice would really like to have some sort of support going through this as I feel so guilty.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there

Sickness and nausea are usually apparent in the early stages of pregnancy and can come and go before usually leaving at the end of the first trimester. Heartburn is very common throughout pregnancy and you can get growing pains in your stomach where Your body is adjusting.

Your options are open and if you decide to keep the baby you can ask for support and help for those around you family/ friends/ gp and others. If you decide to get an abortion I would discuss the pains and depression you suffered last time with your gp and see if they can suggest any help

I think it may be best if you decide to terminate that you discuss with your gp/ nurse practitioner the best contraceptive options for you

Good luck

• Hi There,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Early pregnancy symptoms are very common, however, if the pain becomes unmanageable or you start bleeding heavily you must be seen in A + E to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

You can self-refer for an abortion in many areas in England now, so don't need the GP to do this which makes getting an appointment quicker. A GP however can prescribe some anti-sickness medicine, which would help a bit in the meantime.

If you do decide on an abortion talk to the clinic that treats you about your feelings and previous experience, as guilt is a very common emotion. Most clinics do provide post-abortion support for as long as you need it. bpas.org/abortion-care/cons... find some advice here. It will be important to get some good contraceptive advice and start on something immediately, as you are young and evidently still very fertile despite your health issues. I hope all goes ok.

Best Wishes

Jules

You may also like...