I want to know if i am pregnant

Hi there,

My period is late for 12 days. on my period due date (20th of March 2017) I have spotting lasts for 6 days then its gone. i have done several test at home and all of them are negative until today! i want to make sure that i am not pregnant although i have all the symptoms of pregnancy. :( i have a scan after after two weeks, does it tell me if i am pregnant or not? and when i can get a definite answer ?

please advise!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • According to the doctor I spoke to you cannot have a false positive so if it says positive you are pregnant. A scan will show show the baby plus how far along you are

• Hi There,

You are pregnant. A positive result is not usually false, so the scan will just confirm the pregnancy is all in the right place, and exactly how many weeks you are. Any decisions or ante-natal care will be taken from there.

Best Wishes

Jules

• Hi Jules,

Thank you for replying :) . In fact i didn't get any positive result until today it was negative. no period. late for two weeks! Thats why i am worried.

• Hi There,

Often testing too early would give a negative result, but when a period is so late it should be accurate. I know it's hard to wait but if you have a scan booked that will be the best way to know, if they had any worries at the scan they would also check with blood tests (as they are even more accurate). Hope all goes well.

Best Wishes

Jules

• Thank you very much.. yes waiting is painful... however i have to wait two more weeks for the scan and i hope that i can get a definite answer of no pregnancy. also i will do a blood test after two weeks.

Thanks again!

You may also like...