Have I or haven't I?

I don't know if anyone else gets this, but sometimes I really feel like I am coming down with a cold and then after a couple of days all the symptoms go and I am fine again.

I have it now. I'm a little more breathless than usual, want to sleep more, not as much energy and my chest feels a little tight. No cough, no runny nose, no other cold type symptoms.

After working 2 days I have nothing important planned until Tuesday, so I am hoping it just disappears again.

This isn't just since I have had emphysema either, its been a pattern my whole adult life. I estimate that in the last 20 years I have had about 3 proper colds and 1 chest infection (last year). It's all a bit weird really.

Lynne xx

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Lynne

I get the same ..... nearly get a cold, slightly snuffly, feeling worn out etc for a couple of days and then its gone.

My theory is that my immune system is so 'on the ball', that is was a cold in the making but got seen off before it could amount to anything. Colds go round at work and I rarely pick up anything other than a 'snuffle'

Like you I've only had a serious chest infection two or three times ever. There are some on this site cursed with regular and serious infections and so far ... touch wood, I haven't been.

I think we are just lucky, especially as I also have emph, so I think, regard it as a blessing, not a worry....

Take care

Bolilly

• Hi Lynne, but take it easy just in case.

Chris

• Yep - and it's been happening a lot recently. A day or two of headache, sniffles, bit coughy, really tired and I think 'uh oh!' And then nothing. Not that I'm complaining but it's a real worry at the time. Not sure what might cause it. As Homebreeze advises though, take it easy anyway!

Marie x

• I am wondering whether it is your body's defence mechanisms kicking in?! Fluids +++ and rest.

• Thanks for your replies. Maybe the exercise and healthy eating really does help with immunity. I also take a spoonful of Manukka honey 15+ every day. I don't know if it really helps like they say, but worth a try I thought.

I will take it easy though.

Lynne xx

• Takes so long getting round to finding what is wrong that most people have had copd 10 or 20 years when the doctor tells them making it official a reason for feeling rough without looking for anything else. Catch up with yourself slowly keep moving carefully :-)

• Luckily for me, I was fine until last year, so don't think I had it that long. :)

You may also like...