My partner has IPF and has now been prescribed oxygen and I have some very stupid questions to ask so please bear with me.
He needs oxygen at night (0.5 litres) for which a concentrator will be installed.
1. How big is a concentrator i.e how much floor space do I need to find in the bedroom. They are coming to install it on Thursday and I want to know how much I need to clear up/tidy up to create enough space.
2. how close to the bed are these things installed
3. Will I be able to move the concentrator at all
4. Does it make a lot of noise at night
4. How do you sleep with one of these on your face/up your nose. He normally sleeps on his stomach or side.
Also he needs oxygen when active (2 litres). How heavy are the cyclinders. We are having normal and lightweight. We used to be keen walkers so the more he can get out hopefully the better he may feel. Are walks possible with oxygen cyclinders? He struggles a 100 yards before resting, will this improve or are we pinning our hopes to high on what oxygen can do for us.
Finally outside of winter I just use a gas fire to keep a single room warm to keep the cost down, can you use oxygen in a room with gas fire. I know oxygen and flames need to be kept apart but how far apart.
Sorry for being so stupid.