And the moral is ... Don't mess with us oldies!

A couple of senior citizens were travelling by car from Victoria to Prince George. After almost eleven hours on the road, they were too tired to continue and decided to take a room, sleep for four hours and then get back on the road.

When they checked out four hours later, the desk clerk handed them a bill for $350.00. The man explodes and demands to know why the charge is so high. He told the clerk “it’s a nice hotel, but the rooms certainly aren’t worth 350 dollars for four hours”. The clerk tells him that is the Standard Rate, so the man insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appears, listens to him, and explains that the hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre that were available for their use. “But we didn’t use them,” the husband said.

“Well, they are here, and you could have,” explained the Manager. He went on to say that the couple could also have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel was famous. “We have the best entertainers from New York, Hollywood and Las Vegas performing here,” he said.

“But we didn’t go to any of those shows,” said the husband.

“Well, we have them, and you could have,” the Manager replied. No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, the husband replied, “But we didn’t use it!”

The Manager is unmoved, and eventually the husband gave up and agreed to pay. As he didn’t have his cheque book, he asked his wife to write the cheque. She did, and gave it to the Manager.

The Manager is surprised when he looks at the cheque. “But ma’am, this is made out for only $50.00.”

That’s correct. I charged you $300.00 for sleeping with me,” she replied.

“But I didn’t!” exclaims the Manager.

“Well, too bad – I was here, and you could have...”

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Like it lol xxx

• Me too! Libby

• Haha very good! :D :D :D

• MMMM' wonder if I can get £300.00 from the other half for not sleeping with me! Ha Ha. Nice one jabber.

• I like it ! :)

• Made me smile, like it

Kat

xxx

• He he very good jabber.

x

• That's a good one :D

Lynne xx

• I like it

• An oldy but still a goody. keep em coming. 8-)

• Excellent I needed a laugh this morning :)

Cass xx

• Gray power rules. :)

• LOVE IT REMINDS ME OF RED DVD , RETIRED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS , THATS US GRIN

• Really good one.I needed that smile

• brill realy made me laugh..

You may also like...