Six monthly check with respiratory nurse

Went for my check-up yesterday and my FEV1 is now 27% which is down by 3% so I am now Stage 4, but as I don't feel any different I am not worrying too much. I got the results of my bone density scan and now find I have osteopenia so have a visit booked to Gp to have vitamen D and calcium and to see if I can be prescribed Omnyphilin, also my left foot is permanently swollen with fluid even though my right goes down overnight and I am on diuretics, the nurse thinks it is because I had an operation on my left leg to have a melanoma removed which can mess up the lymph system, but wants the Gp to check that out as well. I am very lucky to have such a good surgery!

Carole x

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You are lucky to have such a good surgery! I agree with you - don't worry if you are feeling OK. My husband is about the same as you finding it difficult in this cold weather but is OK. Funny I think he is better than he has been for about four years yet this FEV1 is the same level as yours (declined from about 59%). Hope you continue to be well for many more years! TAD xx

• Hi Carole, its all about how you are feeling, numbers are for the professionals and if you feeling good thats all that matters.

polly xx

• I agree with polly

You may also like...