Lungs just wont behave

Since 15 December my lungs just wont settle and on lots of stuff also two lots of

antibs and Ten days steroids and another ten days and now more steroids with my neb and lots of other stuff. So puffed and inflamed and hard to talk.

Doc and out of hours keeping eye on me and AnE if hard to cope.

Just wish my lungs would settle as so wornout. :-(

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh dear Airbags, you are having it rough :(

The fault with chest infections is that they are stubborn beggars and it can sometimes take a month or so before we start to recover. Regrettably, each infection takes a little more out of us. I do hope you are feeling better soon :) x

• So sorry you are having difficulty Airbags. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

• Oh thats awful airbags so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment. Just get as much rest as you can and I really hope you feel better soon.

Bev x

• I have noticed you have been having problems the last few months. Keep on keeping on and here's hoping you soon get an improvement. My thoughts and good wishes are with you. xx

• Hope you feel better soon sweet

Love c

• I really hope you see an improvement soon.

Lynne xx

• Hi Airbags seeing as it has been going on so long maybe a trip to A&E would be the thing to do or maybe get an appointment with your consultant. I sufferer for months with recuring infections until I got to see my consultant who gave me a different antibiotic and have not looked back since, thank goodness.

polly xx

• have you had a sputum test to check if you are taking the best antibiotics. Hope you are eeling much better soon. Hospital nebuliser may work or you. xxx Julie

• I think as Pollyjj has said get a refferal to see your consultant..he/she will be the right person to deal with your ongoing infections.Take care x

• My lungs feel groggy, and I ache alot am more breathless than usual, I think it's the cold weather. Our house is old, big and draughty, I feel as if I need warmth, got a big fire which I sit by, but I think when Spring has Sprung we'll all be feeling better. Hope you feel OK soon Airbags.

Lib x

• Thankyou everyone...lol

just rang my asthma team and got use neb 4 times a day and as been on a ten day course of steroids and 5days and 5 more days with only days inbetween and on antibs 3rd lot have got take steroids 5-10 days then reduce one every 4 days and take all my other stuff and nebs. Going be getting hamster chops on steroids.

You may also like...