Hi Rozie. I did a really long reply earlier but it disappeared as I sent it.
I can only echo what everyone has said.
1. Don't panic. You can live well with moderate COPD. I do.
2. It's scary, but you must quit smoking. Once it's done, you will be amazed. I finally did it it with Champix. It's very important to do this.
3. Exercise. Being out of breath is scary but it is great for your lungs when done in a controlled way. I go to the gym and have an allotment. I can do half an hour on the treadmill and can be puffing like a steam train. I don't care.
4. Get a healthy diet and a healthy BMI. This will protect you from infections as much as you can.
5. Stay positive.
6. Chat on here, you will learn loads.
7. Contact the BLF, they are fantastic. Ask for their starter pack, talk to them on the hotline. Their support is amazing.
That's it really. Simples!
Seriously, talk on here. You can do this, many of us have xx